Four

The next day at school, everyone was talking about the schools crazy girl. Tumahole heard what happened but didn't know who it was, he just thought to himself that rich kids and their drama. 

he wanted to apologise to Maya about him lashing out like that, he kept thinking over and over about it and as much as he would like to say Maya was wrong, the poor girl was only trying to help.

he went to their spot and waited with no sign of her, he though, ooh well, i'm always the first to arrive so... he waited untill the bell rang to indicate that luch was over. 

feeling disappointed, he packed his books and walked back to class, even after lunch, all the shcool could talk about was the crazy girl and her stunts, the rest of the lessons resumed as usual but his head was not here. 

finally after school, he went to home to rest. his thought were with the honey-brown eyed girl, the first person to ever talk to him in this school, the first person to ever be friendly to him, hell-she even gave him a hug, something that he doesnt know when last he got, sure gogo gives him hugs, but thats comfort hugs, not happy hugs. 

in the counselling room. kagiso and his father just got in, Vusi Mahlangu is fuming, angry and ready to explode, if its one thing Maya knows how to do, is get under his nerves. she is just like her mother he keeps thinking to himself. 

"lomtwana uxabanga ukuthi ngine mali yokudlala ngiyabona" he says, fuming as he opens the door to the counselling room. 

Maya snaps her head up, fear creaping up her bones, she knows very well what his father is capable of. she quickly pulls her leg up curling up in a ball. when he sees this, he becomes even more infuriated. 

"kagiso, leave us" mr Mahlangu says, looking at Maya not shifting his eyes off her. 

"baba..." he starts to say. 

"Mahlangu." he says sternly. knowing his father, kagiso looks at his sister walks over to her, and gives her a hug, whispering in her ear. "don't hesitate to call me okay" he says to her. 

Maya smiles at how protective her brother is, as much as she likes how he wants to be his knight, she knows theres nothing he can do to protect her from his father. 

as soon as the door shuts close, Maya shifts her focus to look anywhere but her fathers ranging eyes. 

"Hlengiwe, anginayo imali yokudlala phela, who do you think will pay for the damaged objects huh?" he scolds not raising his voice, for the first time ever.like a norm, she keeps quite when he speaks, apparently it is rude to answer when an elder is talkinga and also rude to keep quite, what is a person supposed to do because quite frankly, everything you do is wrong. 

minutes pass without saying anything, "don't come back home during easter" with that he leaves the room telling kagiso that he's going to talk to the school principal. 

looking out the window with silent tears streaming down her, kagiso just hugs her, they share a bond no one would ever understand, scientifically speaking, twins share a bond like no other, but it's different in this case, it's like Maya and kagiso are twins instead of kagiso and katlego. 

"what happened?" he asks after some time. 

i shrug my shoulders because i really dont know what happened, okay, maybe i might, but i dont want kagiso searching for him and beating him for making me have an episode. 

"what happened to your pills ?" i shrug still. seeing as i'm not going to answer, he exhales and pulls something out of his bag. 

"here" he takes out a container, with blueberry muffin, a smile automaticaly forms on her lips. 

another thing they share in common is their love for blueberry muffins. 

"i still dont get why you doingb commercial subject, you belong in the kitchen" Maya says, making Kagios crack in laughter. 

"yeah no. i still value my life" as funny as it sounds, it is true. Mr Mahlangu would literally kill him if he dares try to be a chef. 

they taalk and make jokes while enjoying the muffins.

mr Mahlangu comes back and tells kagiso that they are leaving. with one last hug to his sister he pulls another container and gives it to her, wishing her well and to be safe.