Chapter 5

Rewind: "But we're children."
Abuelita: "Yes, the children of the Heroics."
She says as she hands out lemonade.
Abuelita: "If anyone is gonna save the world, it's you, because all of you have superpowers."
Y/n: "Powerless."
I say quietly.
Facemaker: "Super lame powers."
Wild Card: "Speak for yourself."
Rewind: "Ok Johnny Random."
Abuelita: "Hmm. This is no way to be a super team."
Y/n: "Abuelita's right. Aliens are about to invade and if we wanna rescue our parents and save the planet, we're gonna need to do it now."
Facemaker: "Noodles?"
Noodles: "She said 'Abuelita's right. Aliens are about to invade and if we wanna rescue our parents and save the planet, we're gonna need to do it now.' "
A Capella: "Are you saying that we can be superheroes?"
Y/n: "Well, yeah I guess that kinda is what I'm saying."
A Capella: 🎶We can be heroes just for one day🎶
We all turn and look at her.
A Capella: "Sorry, it was there for the taking."
Abuelita: "I need you all to maximize your powers."
Wild Card: "Grandma, I've been trying to do that my whole life, so if you have any ideas I'm all ears."
Facemaker makes huge ears behind Wildcard making us laugh.
Abuelita: "Um, it's not about who is the strongest or fastest. It's about working together, and that's why we'll need someone to be the leader."
Wild Card: "That would be me."
Abuelita: "I was actually talking about Y/n but thank you. FOLLOW ME. Quickly Quickly, Fast Fast!"
My jaw just dropped. She expects me to lead? I don't even have any powers! Wildcard looked at me, what does he want me to do? We walk out to the back porch that leads to the backyard.
Wild Card: "But I'm the leader."
Y/n: "He's right. And I'm totally ok with that."
Abuelita: "Well I'm not and we don't have time to argue. So what I say goes.
Wild Card: "Yes ma'am"
Abuelita: "Hmm. Welcome to my training ground."
Everything comes through the ground. I've never seen this before!
Abuelita: "Let's boogie."
Everybody takes turns fighting the red people. I watched Noodles try and dance so I laugh.
Noodles: "Can you do better?"
Y/n: "I can."
I say in my normal voice. Noodles stretched his arm out and wrapped it around my waist. He pulled me on the air track. I start to dance around and he dances with me. We start laughing together too.
Noodles: "Hey, you should fight the red guy."
Y/n: "Who? Me? Challenge accepted."
I say smirking at him. I get in fighting position. The red guy appears and walks towards me. I kick him in the side. Then I kick him with my other leg. I kick as I jump and spin kicking him in the head. He falls and disappears. I do an ariel and land in a fighting position facing him. His mouth drops.
I walk to him.
Y/n: "I said I was powerless, not a weakling."
I say brushing past his shoulder. Abuelita gave me the responsibility of leading everyone. Everything was going fine until Slo-mo got hit by the bags that were swinging and starts falling.
Y/n: "Someone catch slo-mo! Noodles! I mean, no, Facemaker!"
Facemaker: "Speak up!"
Fast Forward & Rewind: "What? Who? Make up your mind."
Noodles: "I got him."
Noodles misses and hits the metal bar thing out of A Capella's hands and it lands on Rewind's head.
Facemaker: "Woah woah!"
Wheels: "AAAH!"
Noodles accidentally grabs Wheels and pulls him over and he flips on his side.
Y/n: "Listen to me!"
Wild Card: "Slo-mo you never do anything right."
They all turn and look at me.
I sit down, cross my legs, and prop my head up. It's been a long day. Noodles comes and sits next to me.
Y/n: "Why can't I do anything right?"
Noodles: "Nobody's perfect. Plus you haven't done anything wrong. It takes practice to lead."
Y/n: "You're only saying that cause you're my friend and I trust you."
I say burying my face in my hands.
Noodles: "Or...because I think you're capable and CAN do it."
I get up.
Y/n: "Either way....I'm useless...."
I walk away from everybody.