Our Crazy New Life

It's safe to say that the rest of their day is a bit on the crazy side.

Quickly following Clarke's sudden admission of her predicament and Bellamy's lack of response, they're graced with the youngest Blake's presence when Octavia comes bounding down the stairs into the kitchen. She greets her best friend with a smile and pulls her into a hug before stepping around her to pour herself a bowl of cereal.

She's halfway through her breakfast when Clarke breaks the news to her, wincing when Octavia starts sputtering and coughing on her spoonful of Cheerios. The looks she receives from the younger girl are nothing short of surprised and confused.

Octavia glances back and forth between Clarke and Bellamy, her eyes narrowing thinly at the two of them and then widening again. "Wait. Did you two—did it finally happen?"

Bellamy's eyes go wide and he motions at his sister to stop talking. "No, O. Stop. It's not like that. Clarke and I didn't—"

"The baby isn't your brother's," Clarke tells her, cutting Bellamy off.

Octavia lets out a sigh, her body slumping forward just slightly. "Well, that's good."

Bellamy and Clarke both raise a brow. "It is?" they ask at the same time.

Octavia nods, scooping more Cheerios into her mouth. "Yeah. Because now I don't owe Murphy twenty bucks."

"You bet on us?" Bellamy asks in disbelief.

His sister waves him off, rolling her eyes as she swallows her food. "Please, Bell. Everyone in the school thinks you're together at some point. Always takes a lot out of us to convince them that you're not."

Clarke waves her hands at the siblings. "Whatever. That's not important right now, okay? The baby isn't Bellamy's."

"Well then, whose is it?" Octavia leans forward in her chair and furrows her brow at Clarke.

"It's Finn's."

Both the Blake siblings audibly gasp but only Bellamy offers a verbal reaction, "Finn. As in, Finn Collins? The one dating Raven."

Her lips pull in tight. "The one and only."

"Clarke..."

"Don't give me that look Bell, okay? They were broken up when I slept with him. It was a one-time thing and believe me, I hate that it even happened."

"Hold up." Clarke turns to Octavia who has now taken to sitting atop the kitchen table, much to her brother's dismay. "Does he even know you're pregnant?"

Clarke's gaze shifts from one sibling to the other and then down to the tiled kitchen floor. She kicks her sock-covered feet back and forth against a section of raised tile beneath her toes. She hears movement and can see Bellamy's feet approaching her out of the corner of her eye. He places a hand on her arm prompting her to look up at him, her eyes filling with tears once again.

"Clarke," he starts softly, "you did tell him, didn't you?"

And just like that, the dam inside her breaks. Bellamy reacts fast and holds his ground when Clarke collapses into his arms, her tiny frame wracking with sobs. He holds her close, one arm around her waist to support her body and the other cradling her head.