Chapter 45: Leah VS. Kadiah

The 'Capture the Flag' recreational training exercise had finally began. And surprisingly, the first serious opponent Leah found in between the chaotic activity ended up being no one else than Kadiah herself.

On the meantime however, Cayde and Lord Shaxx were actually watching the view showing both girls with lots of excitement... from the exo's side at least.

"Woah! A fight between those 2?!" the hunter vanguard claimed in excitement as he watched the hologram with rigor. "Leah VS. Kadiah! This is definitely something I can't miss!"

"This isn't about who wins or loses, you know?" Lord Shaxx bluntly replied while sweat-dropping. "The whole point of this activity is to..."

"Yeah yeah... Whatever you say... 'Lord'. Now could you please remain silent? I wanna enjoy this fight to its fullest!"

Shaxx remained in silence for some seconds. "I really... really hate you" he finally muttered, emotionlessly, only to then leave the matter aside.

...

...

...

Back with Leah and Kadiah...

The 2 girls were in fact facing each other without saying a word. Leah was standing on the ground with a serious and determined face, whereas Kadiah was still floating in mid-air with a violet aura around her.

Then, out of nowhere, both girls smiled softly but defiantly at each other. "So you wanna see who between us is stronger, huh?" Leah asked. "Well, I gotta say... I'm quite curious myself"

"Heheh... Should we get started then?" Kadiah asked back while extending her arms again in some sort of battle stance.

"I'm ready when you are" Leah then did the same thing but without drawing her daggers out, something that caught Kadiah's attention.

"Ohhh? Are you really gonna fight barehanded?" the awoken girl asked with a confident grin. "What about your daggers? You use daggers, don't you? I saw you training with them lots of times. Could it be that you are underestimating me?"

"No, that's not it. It's just that I'm not training alone this time, am I? We are fighting between friends, and using knives against friends could really be dangerous"

Kadiah smiled and chuckled slightly at Leah's way of thinking. "Teehee... Well, do whatever you want. Just don't regret it later"

Leah then chuckled as well. "Heheh... I won't. I assure you"

And so, a few seconds later, both girls finally jumped into action. Leah didn't lose a second and rushed towards Kadiah. However, this last one instantly aimed both of her hands at the huntress and shot a barrage of lots of small purple void blasts towards her.

'Wh-what the...?!' Leah thought as she startled and quickly changed direction to one side, dodging the dozens of small attacks.

Kadiah kept on shooting while moving through the air non-stop. Almost like a machine gun whose bullets were practically unlimited. But then, Leah made a big jump towards one tree and the moment her feet touched the log, she immediately bounced against it, propelling herself with lightning and aiming to land a punch against the warlock.

'I got you now!'

Kadiah however, smirked confidently and simply moved to one side. "Too slow!" The awoken girl claimed jokingly.

Leah couldn't believe it one bit. She went past Kadiah and landed on the ground, only to receive even more void blast from her some moments later.

The huntress began running once again. But then, she jumped towards the log of a nearby tree and Kadiah again... and again... and again... and again... without success.