26.

Friday, 31 December 2021

Lando had decided that new years was also an important date for the couple. It didn't matter if Chloe thought it made no sense, for him it did and that's what mattered. 

It wasn't a date he wanted them to exchange gifts, it was more of a date he wanted them to spend together, if depended on him, they would every year for the rest of their lives. 

But he couldn't exactly get down on the knee with less than a year of dating, he knew that, and he also knew if he did his girlfriend would literally bring sense into him. 

She's done it before. 

- Give me a good reason why we shouldn't get married? - He asked almost annoyed after getting his fifth podium of the season in her home country, Australia. 

- Because we're 22 Norris. And we haven't even had our first year anniversary - She sighed while the boy kept a annoyed and hurt look on his face

- So, what? You need to test the waters with me for longer? You don't love me enough to spend the rest of your life with me? Good to know. - The boy said annoyed before turning around to the blonde making her sigh.

The couple haven't had a fight in a long time, whenever they did it was normally over what to watch or eat on television. Never marriage. 

- Lan, is not that and you know it. - She sighed seating in front of him - Today is November 21st, I'm pretty sure this date last year I was in Perth buying plane tickets to Abu Dhabi and that trip gave me the best thing I could've asked for. And that's you. 

"I just genuinely don't think we're at the time of our life to get married. You travel around the world for racing and so do I, which by the way, I was going to surprise you later on but I'm sticking with McLaren and Daniel for the next seasons."

"I want to be with you. I want to be close to you. I don't have the passion for Formula 1 that you guys do, if it didn't have you in the middle I'm pretty sure I'd have said goodbye to Daniel at the end of this season."

"I want us to get married, I want us to be together for a long time. I don't know if this thought came because your brother just had a baby and is engaged, but love, we have our own time. And it's not because we're not married on paper that we're not endgame. That we're not going to last. If depends on me, you're stuck with me till the grave." - Chloe said looking into his eyes seeing him open the smile she loved so much 

- I'm sorry I overreacted. I guess just don't like the idea people give in our comments that we're not lasting - He sighed - Plus seeing my brother and Carlos engaged didn't help. 

- We'll be engaged in no time babe, just not now. For now we'll be the weird couple that people complain about - She chuckled making him to the same before pulling her into his lap and starting a kiss