Spring and a Storm

(H/L) - Hair Length
(H/C) - Hair Color
(F/C) - Favorite Color

... ... ... ... ...

It was a cold Saturday. A girl wearing a dark red coat, brown pants, and dark brown boots strolled around Vale's large park. Her red hair was flowing freely in the cold breeze that passed by. Finding a bench, she sat down and staring at her surroundings. She let out a sigh, a faint cloud of air coming out as she thought of the events that happened earlier. The one she loved had loved another, seeing them kiss in the hallways of their academy.

"Good for you, Jaune," she whispered.

The girl was Pyrrha Nikos, pride of Mistral and, currently, a student in Beacon Academy. She had just experienced what some young men and women her age experience... a terrible love life. She decided to come to the park as a way to take her mind off of things. She slumped on the bench as her face turned into a frown.

Coming here didn't help. Pyrrha was still thinking of it but didn't know where else to go. She could go to her dorm room and cry on her bed, but the rest of her team were there. A few people passed by her, doing their own things. She sighed, looking at a couple having a moment under a tree, like in a cliché romance film/show.

She looked away and grabbed her scroll, scrolling through social media.

In another part of the park, a young man with (H/L) (H/C) hair played music with four other young men that strangely looked exactly like him. They all wore the same clothes, white dress shirts, black dress pants, and black dress shoes. There were no differences between their physical traits. The only thing that differentiated them was their ties' colors: Red, Blue, Yellow, Gray, and Green.

"Words don't work like Webster says... They trip me up all night. I'm just trying to write for you, but you're hard to write down right~" Red sang, ending the song.

Red looked and saw... no one. Saddened, he squatted and sighed.

"Wanna try another song?" Yellow asked.

"I don't know," Red replied. "Almost no one's here."

Green grabbed the bucket they had put down and saw some money.

"At least we broke our record. We got five Lien. Which is more than what we got last time, which was zero." Green said.

"Hey, we can grab burgers at least," Blue said.

"You're saying that like we don't have money," Gray told.

"Really? Well, sorry." Blue shrugged.

"We're barely scraping by because of our job at the restaurant," Red said as he rested his head on his arms, still squatting.

"Really helpful when you've got a Semblance that duplicates you, ain't it, boss?" Green said, nudging Red with his elbow.

"I guess." Red looked at Green and shrugged.

The sound of raindrops hitting the ground reached the group's ears. They all looked up and saw the clouds had turned dark, slowly raining harder. Red sighed.

"Good thing our stuff is waterproof, or we'd be dead," Yellow said.

"You know what? One last song, then we'll go home." Red said.

"What song?" Blue asked.

... ... ... ... ...

Pyrrha stood up from the bench, looking away from her scroll and to the sky, seeing it was starting to rain. She didn't bring an umbrella. She started walking out of the park but stopped when she heard a beautiful melody from a group of boys she saw. She decided to come closer and hear the song more clearly.

"One time, I tried to sing... About spring and a storm, but you know... How it goes. 'Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. blah-blah, blah...' All along." The boy in the red tie sang. "Won't you please~ stop complaining? I'm playing a song."

Pyrrha had a smile on her face, slightly swaying to the song. Despite her clothes getting wetter and wetter, she stayed where she was, listening.

"But all the rain comes down the same, falling to from where it came. On the ground and back around up into the sky."

The rest of the song continued, and Pyrrha found the rest of the song to be enjoyable. The rain kept coming down harder and harder, but the group still played, and Pyrrha kept listening. Eventually, the song neared its end.

"Create until nothing is left to create, and the universe bursts with an overworked sigh. And pretend to— pretend to recrown the creation. And sing the same thing 'til the clouds start to cry. And then over and over and over again. And then over and over and never again~."

The song came to a close with Green strumming a guitar, getting slower and slower until the final note. Pyrrha was clapping, but the group didn't hear her. They then all looked up when the rain stopped out of nowhere.

"Wow, what a strange coincidence," Gray said.

"Let's go, guys. I wanna go home." Red told them.

"We're playing again tomorrow, right?" Blue asked.

"Yeah." Red nodded.

"Alright!" Yellow pumped his fist.

Pyrrha watched them as they packed up their stuff in a (F/C) car that was parked nearby.

"I think I'll come back tomorrow," Pyrrha said to herself.

She then started heading back to Beacon, humming the song she just heard.