Playing Again

"Good job today, guys," (Y/N) said.

He and his duplicates high fived.

"We should get going. We still have to get our stuff," Yellow said.

All five of them started leaving the diner through the back when someone stopped them.

"(Y/N)!" an obese man with a mustache called him.

(Y/N) turned around, "Boss!"

(Y/N)'s boss approached him and handed him his paycheck.

"Your paycheck for last week," he said.

"Thanks, boss."

"Eh, don't mention it." his boss told him as he walked away.

(Y/N) left the establishment and got in the car with his duplicates. He drove the car back to his apartment and parked by the entrance.

"Let's get going!" Green said.

... ... ... ... ...

(Y/N), now wearing their outfits and ties, plugged his guitar on the amp and fixed his microphone before looking at his duplicates. They all set up their respective instruments and microphones and gave (Y/N) the thumbs up.

"What should we start with?" Blue asked.

"I got an idea. Remember that rap song we've been listening to?" Gray asked.

"We'll go with that," Yellow said.

"Well, let's start," said (Y/N).

Checking his microphone one more time, he started singing.

"Have you ever met a girl that you tried to date? But a year to make love, she wanted you to wait?"

As (Y/N) sang, Blue went closer to his microphone and started beatboxing.

"The way that I met her was on tour at a concert, she had long hair and a short miniskirt. I just got on stage, dripping, pouring with sweat. I was walking through the crowd, and guess who I met. I whispered in her ear, 'Come to the picture booth, so I can ask you some questions, see if you're a hundred proof.'"

Green then started playing his keyboard. People who were passing by put some money in their bucket. Some stayed, listening to the song.

"Oh baby, you... You got what I need~, but you say he's just a friend. But you say he's just a friend—"

As they sang, Pyrrha had just arrived at the park, wearing her more casual clothing. She walked around the park for a few minutes, looking for the band, until her ears picked up the familiar voice of the boy she heard sing yesterday. She made her way to where they were, seeing there was a crowd of people.

But the song was already closing when she was in front of the crowd.

"Oh, baby... you..." (Y/N) sang, ending on a high note.

The band stopped playing, and (Y/N) looked at the crowd, who were silent. A moment passed before they started clapping.

"Holy shit," Gray said.

Yellow and Blue high-fived, while (Y/N) had a big smile and waved.

"What are we doing? Let's keep going!" Green said.

The band played music for the small crowd they amassed until sunset. And as the last song came to an end, the crowd cheered once again.

"Thanks for, um, staying with us! We hope you liked our music, and—" (Y/N) was cut off by Green.

"Check out our Dapple, BigTunes, and iTube!" Green shouted, pointing at his scroll.

"Yeah, that. Have a good day!" (Y/N) waved.

The crowd started leaving, some people waving at the band. (Y/N) looked at his duplicates, and they all high-fived.

"Yeah! We did it!" Green shouted.

"Let's go for some shawarma!" Gray said.

(Y/N) stopped celebrating before speaking, "I think that's a bit much. We'd be spending all of the leftover money we have from our paycheck."

"I think we can do it," Yellow said, showing the bucket had a lot of Lien in it.

"I still don't think—" (Y/N) was then interrupted.

"Hey." Pyrrha waved her hand.

(Y/N) looked behind him to see Pyrrha with her hand raised. The duplicates stood behind (Y/N) and looked at Pyrrha.

"Oh, shit..." (Y/N) thought as Pyrrha stared at him with her shining green eyes.

"I like your songs. They're really great! That's all I really wanted to say. I'll be looking forward to hearing more of your music!" Pyrrha said before walking away, waving her hand.

(Y/N) had a blush on his face as he stared at the beautiful girl who complimented their music.

"I-I think shawarma is a good idea," (Y/N) said, still a bit flustered.

"Okay, cool. Let's pack up and get going then." Blue said.