Twenty five

GAINEY

Six days of chasing our tails and we have nothing to show for it, except a car load of takeaway trash and a collective funky smell that could kill the libido of many a she wolf.

Its doing nothing for mine either. Plus, all I have to keep me occupied while about bumping about in the car is replaying the vision of my parting kiss with my sinfully sexy but equally as sassy mate.

Fuck. That smart ass mouth of hers.

I'm sporting a constant hard on just thinking about her. What I wouldn't do with that mouth...

Benji snores like a bear in the front seat next to me and snaps me out of my semi- inducing day dream as I drive another empty stretch of highway, our garrison of wolves following closely in the cars behind.

I shovel a handful of gas station candies into my mouth and shake my head to clear my mind, going over all of the weeks events in my mind for the millionth time.

The kiss with Alice is at the forefront of my muddled up thoughts. It's shouldn't be, but I can't bloody help it. I should have completed the rejection and just been done with it all like I had intended. Set her free, it's what she wants. It's what I need. But every time I am in close proximity to her, my senses are knocked on their ass and I begin to act with a region south of my brain, rather than the actual cranial organ itself.

The funny thing is, she has zero idea how attracted I am to her. The appendage south of my border more so than any other part of me. But still, as much as I want to push her away, I can't. The little she wolf is growing on me. Attitude and all. And she has no clue. She thinks I am into Gia of all wolves.

Fucking Gia.

She is the last she wolf in the world I would ever touch, not for her lack of trying. Not only is she the absolute bane of my existence when it comes to female attention, she is also the sole reason we have left the pack almost defenceless when we have an asshole rogue set on destroying all the packs of this nation.

And if we are correct in our assumptions... ours specifically.

And now, to make matters as shit as possible, I think that Gia has deliberately brought him right to our door.

But why. Why now. Why him?

That's what we can't figure out. Not for the lack of trying. Benji has used all his resources. Pulled out all the stops. Not because he cares for the troublesome wolf, not really. No, this is all for her mother. His mother for all intensive purposes.

Losing Gia would kill Ellena and he can't let it go.

I just hope it's worth the astronomical risk he is putting us and the pack in to find her. If it were up to me, if it were my call, I would say fuck it. Let her sort out her own mess. We all know what she is like, deep down. She is a rank chaser. A troublemaker. An asshole in a slightly more than average coating.

But she is pack.

I reach into the cup holder and chug the last of my gas station coffee. Talk about crappy. It's cold and it's powdery. Great.
I'm going to need another, proper caffeine hit if we intend to hit our next target tonight. The Miranda Pack, another few hours drive south.

The last confirmed sighting we had of Gia was as she passed through their lands and asked for permission to rest. The Alpha happens to be a long time ally of mine and a good pal. He red flagged Gia to me, not believing her bullshit story about looking for her missing mate.

We have no clue what she is up to. Well, I don't and if Benji does, he is keeping a good lid on it. I spy yet another desolate gas station up ahead and flag the indicator to let everyone know we are stopping.