sweet like honey

by falsegoodnight

Summary:

Weeks of flat shopping with their limited budget with Louis as a librarian aid and Harry as a barista and arguments about whether a balcony or extended bathroom suite were more important (Harry wanted to be able to feel the crisp night's air and watch the sun set and Louis just wanted to take long bubble baths) led to them stumbling across the perfect fit. A small flat only ten minutes from campus with a cramped but lovely balcony and an included bath.

It's affordable too... well, sort of. But they always manage. Louis picks up more shifts as an aid, adapting a habit of bringing his Psych textbooks and homework with him to finish in between duties, and later his script so he can quietly practice lines with little distraction.

Harry also increases his number of shifts at the cafe and valiantly endures the nasty customers who for some reason flock to their establishment like moths to a flame.

For a while, it's enough.

-

Or, Harry and Louis need money and they find an unconventional solution in the form of PornHub. It's not supposed to be a big deal.

Disclaimer: As much as I did research and also tried to stay vague, there is definitely some inaccuracies about PornHub and the time it took for them to start making money! I sped it up for the sake of the story so keep that in mind. Also, this fic isn't meant to portray an accurate representation of sex work (even amateur) in any way, shape, or form, but I hope I was successful in portraying it as respectfully and normally as possible.

For some other warnings: there is a few instances of "sir," in this as well as "slut," so keep that in mind. The most extreme it gets is some mild spanking and there's also some iffy kink negotiation in one scene but everything is consensual!

-

The very first time Harry peeked into his new Hall of Residence neighbor's open door two days before classes started in freshman year, it was after hearing an alarming and slightly concerning shriek. He had been unpacking when it cracked through the otherwise silent room and he hadn't thought twice before investigating.

However, nothing could prepare him for the bewildering sight of a petite, flailing boy cursing loudly as he attempted to balance precariously on a stool to hang a string of fairy lights across the ceiling.

From first sight, he had been endeared by Louis Tomlinson.

That endearment didn't falter as they got to know each other through brief encounters in the hallway or community group activities in the courtyard along with other neighbors. Walt, Chris, Maria, and Savannah were nice but they didn't hook Harry in quite as easily as Louis did with that first bright smile and raspy, "Hey, you're tall. Can you hang this up for me?"

In fact, it only grew as their friendship blossomed. Late night chats in the hallway where they lingered in the space between their doors, talking in hushed whispers about classes and finals and other trivial gossip from their floor. Midnight pool tournaments against Lucas and Carly from five and seven doors down respectively where Louis and Harry made an unstoppable team. Spontaneous study sessions at the nearby coffee shop after lunch where Louis groaned about Bio until Harry relented and helped him study, abandoning his Economics notes until Louis was waxing his praises.

That time he helped Louis spray-paint his ex's car in the murky hours of early morning. That time a bit after where they started a spray paint fight and returned to the dorms with color stained skin and wide smiles.