𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

"𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑰 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒓𝒚 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒔 𝑰 𝒈𝒆𝒕?𝑼𝒏𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒍𝒚 𝒖𝒑𝒔𝒆𝒕𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒑�...

𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒔 𝑰 𝒈𝒆𝒕?
𝑼𝒏𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒍𝒚 𝒖𝒑𝒔𝒆𝒕
𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔
𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒓
𝑬𝒈𝒐 𝒄𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒉 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒐 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒆

𝑮𝒐𝒅...𝒊𝒕𝒔 𝒃𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒂𝒍 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆."

I take one last look at my letter before I stuff it back into my box. I leave them under my bed and I take one deep breath. I can't believe that I finished writing my last letter. Crushing on a boy since you were in middle school for seven years and ten letters later weren't all rainbows and butterflies. Sure, the excitement of having a crush and daydreaming about them is pretty fun. But it gets harder when you're best friends with your crush. And once you are, you bottle up all of those feelings to yourself since you don't want to ruin that amazing friendship you have with that person.

I've never told a soul about my crush on my best friend. And he never found out either. Thank goodness...or else I'd die out of embarrassment if he'd known about my long term crush on him. Will I ever get over him? I want to. I do. But it won't be that easy. You see, I see him every day. We go to the same school. We're both seniors at East High, and we even have the same classes together. Talk about luck. It gets hard whenever they walk you to school every day and they always seem to brighten your day. It gets hard when you two sit together in each class together, and always pair up with them for school assignments. It becomes the hardest when they always you to their home and you always have the best time together.

Ever since I developed a crush on him, I've written several letters to deal with my emotions for him. I usually write them when something pretty major happens, or I just need to vent about my feelings. It makes me feel better, knowing that I'm allowed to have some privacy, be honest with myself, and just think I guess. My last letter's supposed to be a way to say goodbye to what I've been doing for the past seven years. It's meant to remind me that at one point I'm going to have to get over my feelings for him. And I really should. After all, he has a girlfriend who he met during the summer. She's pretty nice, and we've engaged in a few conversations. He seems to care about her, and I don't want to torture myself by feeling jealous of them all of the time.

I hear a knock on the door. I push my box farther under my bed, even though I know he wouldn't be looking under my bed for any reason whatsoever, but I couldn't help it. I take a deep breath and hurry to open the door. He grins when he sees me, and I return his smile. "You're all ready?"

"Almost...I forgot my book. I'll go get it real quick." He nods and I run up the stairs back to my room. I couldn't believe that I had forgotten my book. I snatch the book from my bed and carefully place it inside of my bookbag. It was a good thing that I remembered. You see, I'm a huge bookworm and it's pretty rare to not see myself with a book in my hand. Reading books give me comfort, and helps me forget about the crappy world I live in.