Pain

Pain. How can someone feel so much pain without sustaining any injury. My health was perfect, but all I could feel after hearing those words was pain.

"I'm sorry to inform you, but your parents were killed in action on their mission." He said with pity in his eyes.

I stared at him unblinking.

No this can't be happening.

My mouth could not form any words at the moment. I was left completely dumbstruck.

Could this be a test? Is this genjutsu?

I stop the flow of chakra in my body, and then apply an even stronger power to disrupt the flow of the caster's chakra if there was any type of genjutsu applied on me. But the man was still there looking down at me sympathetically. It was all real. My thoughts were all scrambled and my breathing became heavy. My knees became weak and gave away. I hit the floor as tears began to pour down my face at an uncontrollable speed.

No. No. No. No. NO!

His gaze became worried and he knelt down in front of me carefully. He put his hand softly on my shoulder and leant down to meet my eyes. I couldn't focus. All I could think about was: Why? How? Who? Why? "Hey." He sweezes my shoulder softly. "Breathe. We'll figure this out. You're parents were heroes. They sacrificed themselves for their comrades to complete the mission. A worthy and honorable sacrifice. I'm sure they wouldn't want to see you like this." He tries to comfort me.

I finally meet his eyes with my ready ones. A sob breaks out of my lips and I curl into a ball. The sobs can't stop coming out of my mouth and the shinobi's face turns into one of concern. He takes my form and tries to give me hug. I struggle at first, fighting against his grip, but give up after a few moments not having the strength. He whispered comforting words to my ear as my tears ran out and exhaustion overtook me.

It took me a moment to get my bearings after waking up on the couch after my breakdown. I thought it was all a dream until I finally saw the shinobi waiting for me to wake up sitting on the chair beside me. I couldn't stop more tears from running down my face once I realized, again, that it was true and not a nightmare.

I couldn't stop myself from feeling devastated. Even though I am not the original Sakura, I came to love this couple as my real parents. I never thought this would happen. Is it my fault? Is my appearance what brought this unfurtunate event? No. I couldn't have known. I'm not going to blame myself for something that was out of my hands. They also wouldn't want me to blame myself.

I look up with fire in my eyes and ask, "can I see them?" He hesitated. "Please. I want to say goodbye to them." I plead. He hesitates again, but finally nods.

Here I am, at the hospital with this ache in my chest that won't go away.

I look at the sheets that covered the bodies of my parents and take a few steps forward towards them. I take a hand hanging down from the table and squeeze, waiting hopefully for a response, but all I feel is the cold that comes from their body. I kneel and squeeze the hand, bringing it to my face, letting a few sobs slip through.

"Please, I thought you wouldn't leave me. Don't leave me." I whisper.

I can't take it anymore. I burst out of the room, past the shinobi who helped me, and run with no destination in mind. I keep running until my feet start to feel numb and I trip over a branch and fall the ground.

Even though it hurt, it couldn't hurt more than pain that came with my parents' death.

I finally look up and find myself in front of the hokage monument. Thankfully, there was no one around. I could feel the panic returning. My breaths start to become shorter and I couldn't think straight.