Chapter 1

Jennifer was sitting in her dressing room alone, reading through the final script one last time. Her hands were shaking, tears were streaming down her face.

The show was ending. Friends - the show that has given her the best 10 years of her life. A life full of exciting life experiences, tons of laughter, unforgettable memories and most importantly, lifelong friendships. It gave her a forever family.

Jennifer's life would be changed forever as from tomorrow, and she wasn't sure how to deal with it. She wasn't sure if she ever was going to be okay with the fact that she had to let it all go and move on with her life.

During the past month, she has gradually been isolating herself from the rest of the cast. Being around her fellow actors was too hard for her. It tore her apart.
She would spend the majority of her time alone in her dressing room during breaks. And in rehearsals, she kept quiet.

Jennifer hasn't been herself, and everyone around her noticed that. Especially one person.

It was that particular person that she struggled the most to be around. Not because she didn't want to be around that person, but because the pain was too great.

David.

Jennifer has been avoiding him for the past week. She hasn't spoken to him unless it was necessary.
Every time they had shared glances, she had quickly looked away each time.

Why?

Because every time she looked into his puppy-dog eyes, she was reminded that every second brought them closer to the end.
Every time she hugged him, she was reminded that she had to learn to live without seeing him every day.

Being in David's presence was simply too hard for her.

Did it help her to avoid him?
No. Absolutely not.

Jennifer knew he wanted to spend time with her.
She wanted to spend time with him too, but she needed to get used to the feeling of not being by his side all the time.

She needed to let him go.

But was she ready to do so?
No.

Jennifer looked over at the table standing by the couch she was sitting on, where a picture of her and David was placed. They were hugging in that picture. David was standing behind her, with his arms tightly secured around her waist. Both of their faces were shining with happiness.

A sad smile lingered on Jennifer's lips as she looked at the picture. It was her favourite of the two of them. She missed those days, their younger years when they were....... in love. 

Yes. In love.

She remembered the nights they had stayed together on set, talking about nothing and everything, and laughing until they couldn't breathe.
Now, she had to come to terms with that what she shared with David, would from now on, be a part of her past.

It would all be memories. Wonderful memories she forever would cherish. Memories she wished to relive.

David has for 10 years been her support system, her safe place. She always knew that no matter what she did, and no matter what she said, he would never turn his back against her.

She was mad at herself for wasting their time. She was mad at herself for not spending more time with him, when they still had it.
Jennifer knew she would regret her actions of avoiding him. She already started to regret them.

It was a part of Jennifer that felt ashamed about feeling such strong feelings for David. She wasn't supposed to feel those feelings, not anymore. They had moved on years ago, agreeing that it would be better to leave off as friends.