Part 17

Niall's pov

"Pick up your phone Harry" I grunt impatiently. I'm on my way to the bar where I was gonna meet him and I wanted to know if he's on his way. Harry's always on time and I was late so wanted to let him know that I'm stuck in traffic.

Los Angeles traffic is the worse.

"Niall, buddy. I'll reach in 5mins. I'm around the corner." Harry screams in the phone as I can hear car horns in the background. Thank god I'll reach in about 10minutes so I'm not that late.

Harry and I either meet at a bar for drinks or stay at home and plays video games like teenagers.

I text Veronica about my new york deal as I enter the bar. I see Harry sitting on the counter with a beer in his hand.

Aah what I'd do for a pint of Guinness in my hand.

Technically I was born in Irish and I'm an Irish man but I grew up here. I'd always see my dad with a bottle of Guinness in his hand and he'd praise it every chance he got.

He told me when I'll reach my legal age, my first drink would be with him. I didn't get to live that day with him.
Having a guiness in my hand makes me feel happy and sad at the same time. But happy overpowers the sad, it reminds me of dad.

I was down 2 bottles of guiness and Harry was drinking neat whiskey.

"Buddy, are you alright? All you've talked about is football game and I'm pretty sure you like basketball more. Is there anything on your mind?" I look at Harry pinching his nose while gulping down the whiskey that is burning its way down his neck.

"I think I'm gonna die alone so I'm thinkin about dying an alcoholic"

"Why would say say that? Tired of wanking yourself to sleep?"

"Says the guy who nutted in 2mins when he first had sex after having a wanking experience for 6 years prior" Harry's throws that at my face.

"Hey" I flick his forehead knowing it annoys him a lot. " I told you that in confidence"

"Well don't you worry. Tomorrow in the charity ball I'm gonna introduce you to someone. I think you'll like her" I speak as I gulp down my third bottle. God, this Guinness is too good.

"Who is she? And how do you know this 'she'?" He asks

"Her name's Courtney, she's Megan's bestfriend" Id love to see Harry go out with someone good, he'd always picks some trashy girl to date who doesn't wanna be exclusive with him.

"Well,is she cute?" He asks as he smirks on the rim of his glass.

"I know that you're perfect for each other" I state a fact

"And how are you so confident about it?" He questions me with furrowed brows and squeezing his lips together to create a dramatic confused look on his face, typical Harry.

"She said the exact same thing when I told her I'll introduce her to you" I chuckle knowing that I'm great at pairing up people.

"Are you sure? Last time you set me up with Alice. Guess what ?Alice is getting married next month to a guy who's not me! You set me up with violent. Well she got married last year and has a baby now" Harry barks at me. I think I spoke too soon about me being great at pairing up people.

" I don't think you should introduce me to Courtney, she's gonna leave me for someone else too. Probably get married next. It's like all the girls I date dump be just to get married to the next guy they date"
Harry was in a very vulnerable position and I thought I shouldn't push Courtney on him.