The Painting Thief 3

(Captain Man and Kid Danger arrive at a massive gathering, where people are gathered to look at Cole's art. They approach two men guarding the press conference room)

Captain Man: (Taps the first guard on the shoulder) "Hello there."

Guard #1: (His face lights up) "Oh look, it's Captain Man and Kid Danger. Nice to see you both here."

Captain Man: (chuckles) "Nice to see you as well!"

Kid Danger: (points at guard #2) "That's a really nice suit you're wearing, dude."

Guard #2: "Thank you, my wife got it for me. She said I gotta look good for Cole. He's rich!"

Kid Danger: "I know right!"

Guard #1: "What brings you two to the art exhibit?"

Captain Man: "See, we received word that some really important paintings have been stolen right off this exhibit."

Kid Danger: "Cole Collins wouldn't be happy if he finds out that his paintings are gone!"

Captain Man: "No, he won't!"

Guard #1: "Are you serious? (Looks at guard #2) "Nobody told us of a missing painting!"

Captain Man: "It wasn't just one painting, but six of em."

Kid Danger: "Cole Collins wouldn't be happy when he finds out that six of his paintings are gone!"

Guard #2: "No, he won't!"

Captain Man: "Kid Danger and I thought we'd come over and do a quick search of the whole place first to see it this painting thief left any clues lying around."

Guard #2: "You're superheroes, not crime investigators."

Kid Danger: "Sometimes, we do both!"

Captain Man: "We need you to let us in that room so we can talk to Cole Collins ourselves. He can be able to tell us which paintings are missing."

(The guards shrug and open the door for them. They find Cole Collins being interviewed by Mary and Trent)

Mary: "So, how many paintings have you done in your lifetime?"

Cole: "Uh, I've done about 40 popular ones and some others that I just hang up on my walls at home cause they're like personal and stuff."

Captain Man: (Sticks his head in between Cole and Mary, startling them both) "I've done a couple paintings myself, my most famous one being The Amazing Captain Man."

Cole: (To Mary) "Excuse me, who is this?"

Mary: "Oh, this is. . ." (Captain Man nudges her off the chair and sits down. Kid Danger walks over to his other side and waves at the camera)

Captain Man: "I'm Captain Man, and standing by you is Kid Danger, my awesome sidekick, who is not as awesome as I am, but still awesome. We are the one and only protectors of Swellview."

Cole: (Flabbergasted) "Wait, you're like legit superheros?"

Kid Danger: "Exactly, Cole. We fight crime, baby!"

Cole: (Still very surprised) "You have, like, super powers?

Captain Man: "And super gadgets, including my famous laser. I'm indestructible. Kid Danger has super speed, or hypermotility, as we like to call it."

Cole: (Amazed) "Wow, that is literally the coolest thing I've ever heard in my life. Why are you two here anyway?"

Trent: "Yes, Captain Man and Kid Danger, please tell us why you are interrupting this live interview."

Captain Man: "Oh, we're live?" (Fixes his hair and stares dashingly at the camera)

Kid Danger: (To Captain Man) "Dude, we gotta focus." (Looks into the camera) "Hello citizens of Swellview, we're bringing you an emergency announcement. Six of Cole's most famous paintings have been stolen right off this exhibit and one more painting that belongs to a random citizen whose name I do not know."

Cole: (Shocked) "WHAT? Someone stole my paintings?"

Captain Man: "Seems that way, pretty boy!"

Kid Danger: "Captain Man and I are here to catch the painting thief who took those pieces of art."

Cole: "Well, hurry up with the catch. Those paintings are worth thousands of dollars."

Trent: "Don't you think announcing this on live television is a bad idea?"

Captain Man: "Yeah Kid, the thief is probably halfway across America by now because of you."

Kid Danger: (Scoffs) "Because of me? I wasn't the one fixing my hair and staring at the camera!"

Captain Man: "You should've and maybe you wouldn't have blabbed about our plans on live television."

Kid Danger: "We never had any plans. We just barged in here the same way we do everywhere else."

Captain Man: "Are you underestimating my crime fighting planning skills?"

Kid Danger: "I'm underestimating your ability to resist the camera."

(The two bicker while the room gradually empties)

Kid Danger: (Realizes the empty room and begins to grapple Captain Man) "Dude, dude, dude, dude?"

Captain Man: (Irritated) "What?"

Kid Danger: "Look around. It's just us, they're all gone!"

Captain Man: "Oh!" (Pauses) "So, we can go back to popping bubble wraps. Bubble party!"

(Scene closes)