One shot

While flipping the pages of his book, his cellphone beeps.  "Hmmm not again.. ", he murmurs. He tries to ignore the text and continues reading the book with concentration. His cat wrapped his self around his legs. "Don’t start off now. What is your and her problem?", he asks irritatingly.  He pushes the cat away from him as the cat started licking.
The phone buzzed again. "She loves to irritate me", he mumbles. He picked up his cellphone and decided to turn it off while a message popped up on his screen which took his attention. He scrolled up and read the message.
“Leaving” 
He hurriedly responded to the text. " Leaving where silly?"
The phone buzzed again and he couldn’t take off his eyes from the screen while reading her message.
"I am leaving home, I don't want to stay and I am going to vanish forever. I am switching off my cellphone." He read the message loudly.
"What the hell???”, he groaned. “Is she out of her mind, or is she pulling my leg? , he whimpers. “At this ungodly hour?”, he said while staring at his watch with surprise. 
" Are you out of your mind? What happened?" He typed and impatiently waited for her reply. His phone buzzed again but much to his dismay he realized that the message was not delivered. "I know you’re joking".  he messaged again while waiting for the message to deliver. He again looked at his watch which struck 11, and dialed her number frantically.
“The number you have dialed is switched off "
  “Crazy hai, must be asleep", he reassuringly tells himself. He shakes his head and reads her previous messages. " I will wait for you for 10 minutes, if you will not come I will vanish forever ". He panics and checks the time. The message was received 20 minutes ago. “Oh God! she is really out of her mind!", he exclaimed. “I might know where she is heading to”, he speaks his thoughts out aloud. He picked up his car keys, and ran downstairs. His cat followed him. " You go back inside!" he pushed the cat back in but the cat, grumpier than ever, made his efforts go in vain. "You both are extremely stubborn! Come along!", he moans off in despair. He picked up the cat, made the cat sit on front seat and fastened the belt. " I am already late, if she is really serious…. ". He paused and started the engine of his car and hits the accelerator. " Why such a drastic step ?", he thinks to himself. He again tried to call her and heard the same message on the answering machine " The number you are dialing is turned off."  He panicked and changed the gear to fasten the speed.  "Sit tight ", he said while looking at his cat who was constantly moving. "We will reach there in time.", he said reassuringly.  "If it's a silly joke of hers, I will not leave her", he said to himself. " No red signal, please", he uttered while breathing heavily with his heart racing. He increased the speed of the vehicle to avoid the wait. “Only five second left”, he whimpers. Through a distance he catches a glimpse of that girl who happened to be in the car which was on the other side of the road and ahead is. He felt the adrenaline rush and decided to break the signal. The traffic policeman stopped the car and inquired his whereabouts while holding a challan on his hand. " I haven't seen you", said the traffic policeman. He panics and bites his lower lips. He takes the leap of faith and decides to move the car.
"I will miss that crazy girl , if I stopped here". With this eye locked on the car she was travelling in, he races the car to meet the speed of her car.  He again dialed the number, but it was still switched off. He honks at the car and instructs the driver to stop it from moving, but much to his dismay, it wasn’t the car she was travelling in. " I guess I have to take the u turn. Where did her car go? Has she seen me?”, he thinks to himself. After driving half a mile he took a u-turn and saw a car which was similar to what he saw when he was on the signal. "Hope that it is her this time”, he murmurs. He increased the speed of the vehicle and changed the gear to match the speed of the other car. He decided to overtake the car and was successful in doing so. “ I really hope that crazy girl is inside”, he said as his heart raced.
" Are you out of your mind ? You almost hit me!”, the driver of the car shouted. He ignored him and opened the back door. "Get down!", he said while patting on the window of the backdoor seat.
" What are you doing ? " The driver yelled while stepping out.
He gave him an angry look and fixed his gaze at the person sitting inside the car. Without waiting for another second, he quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her out ,
" Go and sit in the car ", he said while grinding his teeth.
“She is my passenger you can't misbehave with her ", the driver said.
He pulled her out forcefully as he didn't want to create a drama on the road and invite attention of other people.
"Sit inside ", he asked her
“I wouldn't”, she said while trying to free her wrist from the strong grip of his hand.  
He looked at her and gripped her from her waist. "You want me to pick you up?” " he said as his eyes met hers. "You are hurting me ", she said as his fingers were dug in her skin. He opens the front door and looked at her in anger.
“I will sit at back”, she said while trying to free herself.
He unfastened the seatbelt of his cat.  "Don't test my patience right now ", he said while pushing her inside, and forcefully banging the door behind him.