Varsity...?

We make it to the rink. I didn't play hockey so I was there to watch. I walk with him in and he asks "Want to come back to the locker room to watch the team get ready?" "Sure why not!" I respond and follow him to the locker room. There I see everybody in the JV hockey team. "Hey guys." He and Fulton say to everybody there. "Oh hey y/n didn't know you'd be here!" I hear a mystery voice say. They get up and come to me it's Banks. "Hi Adam!" I say with a smile. "Go away Banks its time for us to play go run off to your preppy varsity boys." Charlie yells at him. He slowly grabs his stuff and shoves his way out of the locker room. "Why are they so mean to him" I whisper to Fulton. "He got into varsity he's going to turn out like those snobs sooner or later." I look up at him concerned. He walks away to get ready for his practice. "Y/N come over here let me show you something." I look over at Fulton and walk over to him. He starts to teach me how to put on padding and stuff. We finish with that it was fun because he was with me.

     We walk out of the locker room and see their coach standing on the ice waiting. "Reed who do you have there with you?" Their coach yells. "Sorry coach this is our school friend y/n l/n" He says with a stutter. He was scared. "Y/N? I've known y/n since before she could walk. I'd know if she was her she use to talk so much." Their coach says. I was still in between them so their coach couldn't see me and I couldn't see him. I peak my head out of their arms. "UNCLE TED!" I yell noticing his face. Orion was super close with my family when my parents were in high school so he's basically like family at this point. He skates over to get out of the rank and I run over to him and hug him. Everybody looks around confused. I can hear little whispers. "Is coach being nice for once...?" Charlie whispers. "I haven't seen you since you were what 10?" Ted says. "Yep!" I laugh. "Ok everybody get on the ice practice shooting." Ted yells. "Want to play with us?" Ted asks. "You know I quit hockey after... well you know." I say quietly. My father died with I was 10. I was never close with my mom so after the death we stopped talking completely. After that I never played hockey again in my whole life. Ted was like the father I never had until I moved to California with my mom to start my new life with my moms new husband and kids. "Well lets try. I have my wife's old skates come on." He pulls me to the storage room and pulls out pink ice skates. I run over to the bench so exited to skate after so many years. Charlie and Fulton skate over to me. "I thought you didn't skate?" Fulton laughs. "I don't anymore at least." I say back trying to tie my skates. I always had a hard time with this. I look over at Fulton hinting him that I need help. He jumps over to me and helps me. "Why is that? Why did you stop?" Charlie says glancing over to me. "Its a long story. I don't want to talk about it." I look at Fulton with a sad look on my face as he finishes. "Boys get back to practice!" Ted yells causing them to shake in fear.

     I stand up holding on the wall. I step one foot on the ice with Ted right next to me if I fall. Everybody's looking at me. I start to slowly move with nobody by my side. Everybody on the team is cheering me on. I start to go fast really fast as I move towards Fulton. I'm going too fast that I didn't have time to stop. "I can't stop!" I skate straight into Fulton's arm thankfully he catches me. "Looks like we got a new Luis on our hands." Goldberg jokes. Luis laughs as he shoves Goldberg. Fulton still holding me looks into my eyes. "Ok ok let her go now get your hands off my daughter." Ted yells at Fulton. I look at Ted in shock. Daughter? I stand in shock. Nobody's called me their daughter since my dad was alive. I try to skate over to him but since I was on skates I kept falling. He skated over to me and hugged me. After that they actually practiced. I sat and watched. Mostly watching Fulton. Everybody walked to the locker room.

     I was about to follow but I got pulled away by Ted. "Y/n if you want I have a extra bed in my house if you would like to stay." I stood in shock once again. "Of course!" A tear dripped down my face. After Ted's wife and son died in a car accident a few years ago they had a bunch of room in their house for only him and his daughter.

     I walked away crying to the locker room. Fulton was the first to notice me. He runs up and hugs me asking what's wrong. "I'm going to be living with Uncle Ted!" I say. Everybody turns their head to me worrying what I am crying about. "I get why she's crying that man is terrifying." Goldberg says with a scoff. "It's happy tears you idiot." Fulton was about to let go but I hug him back. He rests his chin on my head. Everybody starts to head off doing what they want but Fulton and I stay hugging. "I have to start packing ok sweetheart?" He whispers. I nod not wanting to let go. He starts to pack and walks out of the locker room. I hug him goodbye and head over to Ted.

     "Hey Uncle Ted what do we do now?" I ask him. "Now we have to wait for the varsity team to arrive. I'm coaching with their coach today. You know what I might as well teach you how to skate." He says. We get on the ice and he holds my hand and we start to spin in circles. It's what my dad use to do. The varsity team starts to come in. They look at me weirdly. I notice Banks looking at me. He was probably looking at me because I had Fulton's team USA jacket on. Uncle Ted and I stop as we go to greet the varsity coach. "Hey Wilson this is y/n my niece. She will be staying with me for a while." "Nice to meet you y/n! Do you play hockey?" Coach Wilson asks me. "I use to and I loved it a lot. Hopefully I can practice enough to get back on a team!" I smile. "If you practice well enough you might make varsity just sayin'!" Coach Wilson says. "It was nice to meet you coach I'm going to practice my skating!" I say as I spin around and skate. It took the boys 30 minutes to get ready. Most of my memory came back of playing and I was amazing at skating. I skated around the rink super fast most of the varsity boys mouths dropped. "She's pretty fast Orion. We just gotta know if she can hit the puck or not." Coach Wilson says. I stop right in front of him spraying ice all over him. "Of course I can!" I laugh.

     The varsity team starts practicing. They only use half of the rink so I use the other to shoot pucks. I was really good. I hear somebody skate over to me. I turn around to see Coach Wilson. "Are you sure you haven't skated in a long time you're pretty good at it." He says. "I may have lied a few times. I use to skate at the rink by my house a few times a week and had like two private lessons from (random name) (random last name) the player on the Anaheim Ducks..." Boys on the varsity team hear me and they stand shocked. "Yell l/n how about you play a scrimmage with us?" Coach Wilson asks. I nod and go to the storage room to put on my aunts pads from when she went here. I find a bright pink jersey that has Orion on the back. I go out of the storage room with everything on. I quickly tie my hair up in a bun and grab my uncles helmet. We get there and get split up to teams of 7. I'm playing center. It starts and both of the coaches were eyeing me. I get the puck and start to skate pretty fast. A giant boy starts to skate up to my fast. I duck has he dives over me. He was about to hit me down! I continue with the puck and score! Everybody cheers and picks me up. I could see the coaches whispering and nodding. The Eden Hall Varsity Hockey team were ranked as the number 1 high school hockey team in America and I just scored on their best goalie!

---------------time skip---------------

     The game is about to end and so far my team is up 4-2. I scored two of those 4 goals. A player on the other team shoot at our goalie and luckily he saves it and passes it to me. With 8 seconds left on the clock. I skate as fast as I can dodging everybody who is skating my way. I make it half way and look up at the clock and I have 5 seconds to shoot. I skate up a little bit more and hit the puck as hard as I can before getting knocked over. I hear the puck hit the goal falling inside. Everybody's cheering but they don't notice I don't get up. Uncle Ted skates over to me. He holds me in his hand as Adam and Coach Wilson with a few other boys look at me. I slowly open my eyes. "Did it go in?" I whisper. "Yeah... yeah it did." Adam says. Coach Wilson Whispers...

"Y/n L/n welcome to varsity..."