Chapter 18 Great Destroyers

A Falcon parked at the location of the Purge. Locus and Felix exited the vehicle to see a light bride leading to an alien fortress, hellish landscapes surrounded it all. The brighter merc wielded his DMR and the Energy Sword while the darker of the two wielded a sniper along with a shotgun. They found theirselves at the light bridge, but they came to a halt right at its beginning. . .

Felix: No way.

On the other end was Agents Washington and North Carolina, Battle Rifles at the ready, and Agent South Dakota with a Sniper Rifle in hand.

Rachel: Hello boys.

Locus: So, you've chosen to make a final stand.

The AI of Memory and the AI of Logic appeared. . .

Church: Well, these three couldn't resist another chance to kick your asses.

Locus: Admirable. But hopeless.

Delta: I. . . disagree.

Wash: Think about what you're doing. If you activate this tower, it kills everyone. Our soldiers, and yours.

Felix: That's war, Wash. Not everyone makes it back.

South: I think you're confusing 'war' with 'war crime', jackass. So to avoid that, we're giving you the chance to walk away.

Wash: You can choose to end this now.

Felix: No, we can't. We have our orders. Right, partner?

Locus: If the three of you are here, I can only assume the rest are attempting to activate the communication temple.

Rachel: That's right.

Locus: You really put that much faith in them?

Church/Delta: We are not very worried. . . .

*Temple of Communication*

The Pirates had fortified the entire area. Atop the base of the temple was a sniper and a fellow pirate.

Pirate 1: Contact.

Pirate 2: How many?

The sniper took aim. . .

Pirate 1: Just. . . one.

Pirate 2: What's she holding?

Pirate 1: I don't know. It kinda looks like-

General Kimball fired her Beam Rifle, shooting right through the sniper's head!

Pirate 2: What the hell?!

Dozens of Feds and Rebels emerged from behind a hill, all wielding alien weaponry! The Pirates rushed to strong positions and cover!

Pirate 3: Enemies to the west! Open fire!

The Feds stepped up and used their Light Shields to deflect the bullets!

Kimball: ATTACK!

The United Armies of Chorus let our war cries as they charged forward!

Pirate 2: *takes cover* Heavy artillery, move in!

As plasma fire began to fill the air, a Rocket-Hog rushed to the west side of the temple! The second it arrived at the battle, a massive mortar of plasma completely destroyed the vehicle!

Pirate 2: What was that?!

Pirate 4: *yells* Look, east side! East side! 

The pirate rushed over to said end and saw the cause of the mortar. . .