chapter 1

Soft laughter filled the air as the blond blue-eyed boy laid on the soft red carpet that was placed in the middle of the boy's room. It was around nine at night, an hour past Tommy's bedtime. But Tommy had been excited and wished to show his drawing he made to his father, who wasn't home yet, so Wilbur was nice enough to let the small child stay up another hour.
Hearing the sound of the front door opening, Tommy stood from his spot on the floor of his bedroom and wattled over to stand on his tiptoes to open the door.
Smiling brightly as he ran down the stairs with a thin piece of white paper clutched in his small chubby hands. "Daddy!" The blond boy shouted from the last step of the stairs, looking up. He saw his father looking at him with zero interest. If anything he looked a little angry.
"Tommy? What the heck are you doing awake?" Tommy felt a pit start to form in his stomach. "I-i wanted to show you what I drew earlier today papa! W-Wilby said I could stay up a little later to show you!" Tommy took the final step off the stairs and walked forward to his dad.
His father's expression seemed to form into confusion. His eyes seemed kind of glazed over slightly, but Tommy chose to ignore them. Lifting his small chubby arms with the picture clutched in his hand, the blond felt a sense of pride filled him. He believed he did an amazing job. And he thought his father would be proud of him for the use of color and effort.
Feeling a tug on the paper, Tommy let go. Allowing his father to hold it. 

"Tommy, who is this?" Phil's voice slurred as he asked the five-year-old the question. Pointing to a dark-colored green stick figure that had a green hat atop its head. Tommy felt his smile Brighton at the question. But something in the back of his mind told him he shouldn't have to feel so happy after one simple question from his father. "It's you, papa!"

"Oh." Extending his arm out to his youngest son. Phil dropped the picture in the boy's hands, ignoring the look of hurt that crossed the boy's face. "Go to bed Tommy"

As his father walked past him, Tommy felt a small piece of his heartbreak.
But that was fine! Phil didn't say he didn't like it! Tommy would just have to work harder on the next one!
Yeah. That sounded good. Turning to the stairs, Tommy grabbed a hold of the railing and pulled himself up the stairs. As Tommy started to approach his door, he heard faint yelling from down the hall. His dad's room. It sounded like techie and papa were fighting. It wouldn't hurt to show techno his drawing! Techie always put his drawings up on the fridge with a bright smile and a pat on the back for working so hard!

With a bright smile and high spirits, Tommy made his way over to his father's room. His smile dropping as he heard his big brother sigh angrily through the door. "Dad! He is just a child!" Without Tommy's knowing, the drawing he spent two whole hours on. Slipped from his hand.
"That CHild is the reason, my wife, your mother. is no longer here!"
Tommy frowned, that wasn't true. Right?

Tommy bit his lip. Right...?

"Dad! Mom was sick way before Tommy came along!"

There was a long pause. "But if that kid was not born. She would still have had a chance. To be here..." Phil's whisper was muffled through the wooden door. But Tommy still heard it. Blinking, Tommy turned quietly from the door only barely hearing techno say something about papa being drunk. Walking away, Tommy started to the room next to his. Wilbur.

Small feet softly wattled down the hall, stopping once he saw the door that had blue music notes in the center of the brown door. Stretching up onto his tiptoes, Tommy's small chubby hands turned the nob. As the door opened, a yellow light seeped through to the outside of the room, and the soft strumming of a guitar was heard. Tommy pushed his head through the cracked door and looked to find his brother peacefully atop his bed playing his guitar.

Hearing the door open, Wilbur looked up to see his baby brother with a hurt look covering his normal happy features. His calm nature was almost instantly erased as he looked his brother up and down. "Tommy? What's wrong?" Setting his guitar next to him on his blue blankets, Wilbur backend his brother into the room. Unnaturally Quiet, Tommy closed the door behind him. As the blond bit his lip and looked off to the side, before bitting the bullet and looking up at his big brother.

"Wilby..." Wilbur breathed deeply it was probably nothing right? He was overreacting, Tommy was fine. Probably broke something. That was something Tommy would do.

"Toms?" He spoke softly. Not expecting the question to come.

"W-Wilby... Would mommy still be here if I wasn't?..."

Wilbur was silent for a moment.
"...." Wilbur choked on a cry that started forming in his throat.
"What?..." Tommy shuffled his feet nervously. "I mean if I wasn't born would mommy still be alive?..."
This time, Wilbur almost did cry.

"Tommy, what?"

Until the next chapter peeps!