Newt?

"You promised you'd send me with my Memories?" Thomas groggily said as his body slowly fell to the ground, his cup falling  slipping out of his hand and shattering on the floor.

"Its for The best, the kill zone patterns wouldn't be the best of there ability if they found out our reasoning for them being there, i'm sorry Thomas, I really am" doctor Paige said as she called in more doctors to collect Thomas's limp body.

"Y-you promised..." Thomas trailed off, his eyes finally closing, taking him into a peaceful sleep. That was until he woke up with a thumping head ache. With a struggle, he managed to open his eyes, but that didn't help, all he could see was a very faint red light that occasionally flashed on and off, the box, he thought, he remembered, but Ava said that she couldn't let him keep his memories? Why could he remember? Maybe she had a change in heart, although highly unlikely.

"Teresa!?" He shouted, only hoping she was checking the camera's, but quickly deciding to stay quiet, in the likely that he wasn't supposed to remember and they'd take him back and actually take his memories away.

So for, what he could judge, half an hour he stayed as quiet as a mouse, but became excited once the Cage came to a slow, a single line of light appeared before dispersing into the whole roof being gone. There stood his old friends.

"Newt?" He said, as he made eye contact with the Blonde, all heads turning to look at the boy.

"What?" Was all Newt said

"You know this Shank?" Gally said

"You think I'd say something if I did?" Newt snapped back, but it wasn't half true, he felt different with the boy sitting in the box, no, he didn't know why, nor even remember his name, but he still felt different.

Thomas fell back as Gally jumped into the box "Day one Greenie." He said as he grabbed Thomas's Collar and threw him out of the box, his body hitting the dirt ground with a thud. Newt crouching down beside the boy who miraculously knew his name.

"How'd you know my name?" He said as he grabbed Thomas's shoulder, stopping him from moving

"I-i can't tell you here" Thomas whispered, quiet enough that Newt could barely even Hear it. Newt sighed, obviously confused about the whole situation

"What's up then? He remember anything?" One of the boys shouted, eager to find out the trouble

"Said thats all he can remember, the word Newt. Maybe I knew him before this hell hole." Newt said as he stood up and scratched his neck

"What and it was a coincidence that he was looking at you while he said it?" Gally said as he took a few steps closer to the two boys

"Guess it was. On You's go, back to work." Newt shouted as put a hand out to help Thomas up, which he immediately took and got to his feet.

"U-uh, Thanks" Thomas said, still in shock from seeing his...bestfriend, yeah bestfriend after multiple Years of seeing him just on a screen. He was just as beautiful- Young! He meant young, as when he first got sent to the maze.

"No problem, now, your going to tell me exactly what you know and why" Newt said as he grabbed Thomas's wrist and walked towards the deadheads, leaving the rest of the Gladers to collect the supplies from the box.

"So?" Newt said as the two plopped down onto the forest floor

"Um, well, we uh-"

"Get on with it then, we don't have all bloody day" Newt interrupted

"Don't interrupted me okay? You can ask anything you want at the end"

"Okay"

"We knew eachother, before the maze i mean"

"I figured that much."

"What did I say?!" Thomas said as Newt rolled his eyes, but on the inside was trying not to smile at the boys very low patience

"The word outside of here isn't good, there's things called the sun flares, they completely scorched the earth, the whole place is like a desert. Then to make it better Theres a virus, a fast spreading, deadly virus. Theres a few people who are immune, like most of us here" And the fact that Newt wasn't, completely skipped his mind at that point, leaving Newt thinking he was included in the "us"

"But its hardly anyone compared to the non Imunes, it makes you go mad over time, cannibalistic even, zombie like. And WICKED, the people who put us here went around collecting Imunes for the Maze Trials, here. They kept us safe in an indoor facility, for years, I think yous were there when you where five or so, I was one of the last in the group. But they put us here to try find a cure, something to do with Killzones, a part of your brain. I won't go into detail about all the sciencey stuff. Newt you were my Bestfriend, you, Minho, Alby, Fry, Gally was even my friend. You've gotta believe me when I say I can get yous out of here, I can."

"I don't even know your name and you want me to believe all of this?" Newt finally said

"Thomas, but you used to call me Tommy."