1

i dont know what i am doing taking a run in the dark. it's 8 at night and here i am sprinting through the neigbourhood.

my cheeks feel sticky from crying and my vision is blurry. And even though my legs feel heavy and my back is aching i dont stop running.

"its just a dinner Mae we just want to talk" bullshit.

i know my friends were trying to be nice but hosting a dinner just so they could talk to me about how i relapsed again?

But what did they even expect me to do, after i found out that creep was sneaking into my room at night and watching me sleep, yeah sorry i freaked out and relapsed. I called the cops when i found out someone was getting into my room, but they haven't found him yet.

Emily let me stay at her house so i would feel safer. And i did feel safer. Until she invited Bryan, Carrie and Eve over to talk about my alcohol problem. I know they were just trying to be there for me. But there was just so much going on that in freaked out and left.

i ran

and that's where i am now. Running through a neigbourhood i dont know well while i have a fucking stalker who might have followed me here. 

but i didnt think about that when i left , i just had to go.

it's  already dark and there is a slight fog hanging in the air, my breath is heavy and i can hear my heart beat loudly in my head. Its the middle of winter and very cold out but my body feels like its on fire. 

i see a bench and decide to sit down for a minute, i have to pull out my phone and look where i am so i can get back home. 

fuck fuck fuck, i can't go home. it's not safe there

my head falls into my hands, and i comb my hands through my hair. i stare at the cement floor while i try to recollect myself. i need to have a plan. i can't go back to Emily's house and i can't go to my house, so i look up nearby hotels on my phone.

"HOTEL MEDUSA                                                                                                                                                                           open 24/7                                                                                                                                                                                       4 stars "

Seems fine plus it's only a ten minute walk away

And thats when i saw it, an empty soda can got kicked out of the fog. 

i hold my breath. 

omg Mae other people still exist it's probably just someone taking a walk   

i grab my phone and get away from where the soda can came from, i quietly step behind the corner, still peaking my head around the corner, watching the soda can

ITS JUST A SODA CAN CALM DOWN    

i keep telling myself, but then i hear footsteps. A tall figure stepped out of the fog and picked up the soda can and threw it in the trash next to the bench i sat on.

and then i saw it

his ring

A silver ring he wears around his thumb.

oh god it's him

i remember from the night when i caught him trying to get through my window, his hand curled  against my window frame. the night i called the cops.

i need to get to the hotel, and so i start running again. not caring how much sound my shoes make i just need to get out of there and fast.

i hear his footsteps behind me, but i can't look back i need to get away as fast as i can. 

my legs feel so heavy and my stomach is cramping up since i ate not so long ago. but i cant slow down.

his footsteps are getting closer and i pray that i make it to the hotel in time.

then i see the big glowy sign "HOTEL MEDUSA". and for a second i feel relief wash over my body. i run onto the hotel parking lot and burst through the hotel doors. the staff looks at me with concerned eyes. 

i look out on the parking lot and it's completely empty. did he turn around? 

i walk up to the front desk

"a room please"