22. misunderstanding part two

Recap to the last chapter

"D-Danh, I didn't mean to slap yo-"

Before Haechan and the others could apologize, DanDan shook the older's touch off his wrist flinching, in the process. Rushing out of the dorm to get away from them due to the fear coursing throughout his body.

He ran onto the street to find a nearby shelter to hide in since it was raining and storming. In the process, he flinched at the sound of lightning invading his ears. He scanned the street for a shelter or a nearby bus stop to take cover in. Finally, finding a nearby bus stop that was just big enough to cover him.

He slowly walked over to the bus stop, nearly falling over. He sat down, trying to process what had just happened. He silently cried and sobbed, hoping for someone to come and save him.

The pain that he felt couldn't be explained in words, only actions. He wanted to be upset with the members, but he only felt pain from their actions and insults. He didn't dare to wipe his tears or convey his broken voice as he fetched out his phone
making a call to someone.

He scrolled through his contacts before landing on the contact, shakily pressing the call button waiting for the person to pick up.

*three rings*

"Hello! DanDan ah. How have you been, Bubba?"

"Please come get me..."

Third Person Perspective

Present

"Wait- what's wrong, bubs?"

The caller asked DanDan, a hint of worry lacing their tone. The young boy remained quiet for a moment, trying to conceal his broken state. He could only mumble out a few coherent words into the phone, causing the individual on the phone to become even more alert.

"K-kibum h-hyung, p-please c-come g-get m-me!"

The sound of the boy's sobs through the phone broke kibum's heart. He didn't even hesitate to follow through with the boy's request. He only asked for the younger's location before scouring out of his dorm, making his way towards the boy that needed his comfort.

"Where are you, baby?"

The boy somehow managed to whisper out his location before sobs overtook his breathing.
"A-across f-from t-the s-seven e-eleven n-near t-the c-company. p-please p-please h-hurry, h-hyung."

Kibum reassured the younger that he would get there soon, not hanging up due to wanting the younger to know that he was still there. "Shhhhh! I'll be there soon, bubs. Don't hang up, okay?"

The older paused his speaking, waiting for the younger to respond. He did get a response, but it was barely loud enough for him to hear.

"Okay."

Five minutes later

Kibum scanned around the outside of the company around the seven eleven, trying to look for the boy. Nearly slipping due to all the puddles that the rain caused. He paused his scanning when he noticed a shivering boy crouched in a fetal position, cupping his cheek.