- 0 4 -

{J. BREWER}

"Ready, Jack?" Evan asked me. He's the 'leader' of the little gang I'm apart of.

"Who're we talkin' to today?" I asked.

"Craig Leslie," Liam answered.

"It shouldn't be too hard. My brother said he's scared of everything. Just show him a couple moves and we're hooked up," Alex chimed in.

"Alright, let's do this," I nodded, letting Evan drive. Throughout the whole drive I kept glancing at my phone. I know it sounds stupid, but I was, actually, looking forward to Rose's call.

"Whatcha waitin' for, man?" Alex broke me out of my slight daze. 

"Hm?" I hummed.

"You keep looking at your phone. Is somethin' up?" Liam clarified.

"Uh nah. Just wonderin' if I should call Lindsey and Briana for a threesome after this," I lied.

"Ooh. Briana. Yeah, she's great in bed. Maybe even better than Lindsey, if I'm bein' honest," Evan nodded, drumming his thumb on the wheel.

"I'll be findin' that out tonight," I smirked. Although I was waiting on a call from Rose, I couldn't deny the slight arousal of Lindsey and Briana fucking each other senseless while I watched. It didn't take long for us to reach our destination, right outside of Seaford. The surroundings were dark and crowded by many sketchy vehicles and people. It's times like these that make me really think about my choices in life.

Sure, I like my life now. It's ok, I guess. But I've never really felt secure or safe in my life. My parents are always fighting, I had trust issues with some old friends, and the infidelity of my first love. That led up to me cheating on every girl I got, one night stands, and alcohol everyday. My mental health isn't great either. I like to blame it on my past to make it seem a little more ok, but in reality, I know it's my own fault.

You know how in movies there's that one 'bad boy' who saves the day because a 'good girl' came around to fix him? That's what I want. That's what I need. Someone to come by and pick up the mess I am. Put the pieces back and keep me together. For whatever reason, I really want that person to be Rose.

I want to fix my past, but, obviously, I can't. I can't go back in time and not ask Kim out. I can't go back in time and not agree to be the alcohol and weed supply. I can't go back in time and maintain my old reputation as a good kid. It's not possible. 

"Alright, Jack. That's Craig," Evan broke me out of my thoughts, pointing at a beanpole looking guy. He looked like Milton, except a blonde with a lot less freckles.

"That's Craig?" I almost laughed, however I did let an amused expression take over my face. I cracked my neck, then knuckles, getting out of the car. "Hey beanpole!" I shouted at him. He quivered as I approached him.

"Y- y- yes?" Craig stuttered.

"Gimme 4 bottles of rum, 4 bottles of vodka, 4 bottles of whiskey, 10 packs of weed, and 10 packs of cigarettes," I ordered.

"O- o- ok. U- um, t- that'll b- be uh 265 d- dollars," Craig stuttered again, giving me the goods.

"Yeah, I'm not payin'," I told him, taking the stuff towards the car.

"Hey. Hey, wait a minute! No! You need to pay!" I heard Craig yell as I loaded the car. "I'll call the cops on you!"

"And what? Tell them I didn't pay an illegal drug seller?" I snickered.

"I- I- I'll- I'll fight you," Craig put up his fists. I smirked, putting him in an armlock and shoving him up against the van he owned. 

"I don't think so," I sneered. "Let me off the hook and you won't go home black and blue." He whimpered in fright, causing my smirk to grow. "Do we have a deal?" He quickly nodded his head, on the brink of tears. Damn. He really is scared of everything. I dropped his arm, letting him stretch it out. "Later, beanpole," I called as I walked away towards Evan's car.

I sat down in the passenger's seat. "Who's Briar Rose?" Liam immediately asked once I shut the door.

"Who?" I played dumb.

"Don't play dumb. She texted you," Evan rolled his eyes as he drove away from the van yard, Liam holding up the phone to reveal a message that read: Is this Jack? It's Briar Rose.

"Oh her," I 'realized'. "She's my partner for this whole theatre year project thing."

"Ugh. You're still taking that class?" Alex asked as Liam and Evan snickered. 

"What am I supposed to do? Lindsey watches over my schedule like a hawk," I reminded them.

"Just skip the class," Liam shrugged.

"I can't do that," I sighed.

"Why not?" Alex asked. "You always cut class."

"If I'm being honest, I kinda like the class. Madsen doesn't make us do much work other than our project and, even then, I don't have to do anything because Rose is on top of it," I replied.

"What do you do? Sounds like the class is pretty boring when you're not doing anything," Evan pointed out.

"Quickies with Lindsey," I answered like it was obvious. "And sometimes Carla joins too. That's only when me and Lindsey are able to get onto the rooftop. Carla's always drinkin' somethin' up there."

"Dude, Carla is the best with her hands. Ugh her handjobs are the best," Evan groaned, stopping at a red light. He took the time to close his eyes, probably imagining the last time Carla gave him a handjob. Me, Liam, and Alex shared amused looks, which turned into small snickers as we noticed Evan's subtle tent.

"Here, dude," I laughed, giving him a bag to cover his problem up. We made a couple more turns before reaching my house. Me and the boys started bringing the stuff to my room, where we always kept our supply. My parents are barely home. They work all day then go out at night. My mom parties and drinks while my dad fucks other girls. I don't have a very stable family.

"Alright man, we'll see you tomorrow," Evan nodded. 

"See ya," I waved, earning nods and a series of 'see ya's back. I took my phone out of my back pocket, deciding to finally answer Rose's text.

What's up, little lamb?