13

~(Y/n)'s pov~

(Y/n) was never that good with words. But even if he was good with words, how was he supposed to reply to that?!

He stared awkwardly at the male in front of him. The male who had a girlfriend. "Uhhh.." (Y/n) blurted as he tried wrap his head around the situation. Where would he even start? How would he even start?

"W-what about Stella?" He asked. For a split second, he wasn't sure that he actually said anything. "What about her?" Nate answered. His voice held no emotion towards the girl as he spoke her name.

His words sent a violent stab of panic into the back of (Y/n)'s head. "I couldn't care less about her" Nate continued, red eyes never leaving the (e/c) orbs of the boy in front of him.

Oh, really? It didn't seem that way a few weeks ago when you held no remorse towards killing anyone who so much as looked at her. (Y/n) was sure that under any other circumstances he'd laugh at the irony of the situation.

The person who threatened his life and almost stabbed him on multiple occasions was confessing his love towards him. "Why didn't you kill me?" (Y/n) asked. He froze when he realized he said that out loud. "It.." He continued, taking extra care on his choice of words, "It wasn't just for Stella's sake. Was it?"

"I don't know" Nate muttered, finally ending the staring contest the two were trapped in. Wow. So glad that my life hinges on 'I don't know'. "Well until you figure it out," (Y/n)'s gaze was fixed on his lap, "I-I can't.. I'm sorry".

Not to mention the fact that we're both in separate relationships, but let's just gloss over that detail. "You can't?" Nate's voice sounded like it was coated in tar as he spoke. (Y/n) could feel the sofa dip as the brunette got closer. He jumped slightly as a hand caressed his cheek.

Despite his unwillingness, (Y/n) found his eyes forced to meet Nate's. His mouth opened and closed uselessly as he once again found himself silently drowning in the scarlet pools. A smile played at Nate's lips as he studied the other's face.

"I really--" "What did I tell you last time?!" A familiar and very angry voice hissed, cutting off the brunette. And just like that, the gates of heaven opened up, saving (Y/n) from Nate. Skyler looked about ready to pull Nate's head off of his shoulders as she glared at the scene in front of her. "GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY BROTHER!"

(Y/n) flinched slightly as the grip on his cheek tightened. Lord, I know I haven't talked to you in a while --probably since freshman exams--, but please don't let Skyler get killed by Nate's crazy ass.

The look in Nate's eyes was one that (Y/n) unfortunately knew well. It was the look that (Y/n) started to associate with his homicidal tendencies. Skyler stormed her way over to Nate. "I'm not about to let you hurt him again" She hissed, "So I suggest you get the hell out of my house before I drop kick your ass".

Please. (Y/n) silently begged Nate, hoping the brunette could read the emotions frantically swimming in his eyes. Please don't hurt her. Skyler continued her complaints, but both males had tuned her out.

After several seconds of this, Nate broke the eye contact. He let out an annoyed sigh and released (Y/n)'s face. "I'll be back" his words sounded less like a statement and more like a promise.

"Like hell you will" Skyler said, grabbing him by the arm. She tugged him along to the front door before literally throwing him out. (Y/n) leaned over to look outside. He watched Nate stumble, but he didn't actually end up falling. He glared at Skyler before walking up to her. He whispered something in her ear before sauntering off of the porch.

Skyler closed the door slowly. The fire that she seemed to be radiating was reduced to embers. (Y/n) didn't need to know what Nate said for a pit to form deep in his stomach. Skyler turned back to him with the most serious expression (Y/n) had ever seen on her.