Chapter 1 - How Alcohol Ruined His Life

PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION FOR TRIGGER WARNING!!

DO NOT READ IF ANYTHING IS TRIGGERING.

Jame's POV

I've always struggled with my masculinity, and my abusive parents didn't make it any better.

Why did it have to be me? I ask myself this question every day. But still, here I am, 27 years old, working as a 7th-grade art teacher. Teaching was never my dream, I've always wanted to be a world renowned artist. Seeing my beautiful paintings and sculptures, in museums and art galleries was my only purpose in life.

But that's not reality.

For the past 5 years, I've been trapped at Clawthorne Elementary School, trying to impress my disappointed Christian parents. To make this worse, my parents are the stereotypical white, Christian parents.

And yes, they are Trump supporters.

My parents never taught me about following my dreams and being happy. The only thing that was forced into my head is that I need to provide for my future wife and kids. I needed to be the man of the house, the breadwinner.

My emotions didn't matter, the only thing that was important was taking care of my precious family. Something that I don't have, it's only a fairytale.

Despite my parents being Christians, they were still alcoholics. The only thing they ever did was drink. They stank of alcohol, especially my dad.

I felt that I never had a father figure in my life. I was missing out on everything a son needed.

When I was 14, that's when everything went downhill. The addiction got worse, I could practically feel the burning in my throat. It was all coming back to me.

"Thank you James, that concludes our therapy session for today. See you next week."

Authors Note - Hello everyone, thanks for reading the first chapter of "The Balding". If you are enjoying my story, please add it to your library, reading list! Please comment with any feedback if you want and thank you for reading my work!