Chapter 2

Christmas break was a boring affair, not that Hogwarts was much better, but still, it was a very boring affair.

Although she did get a present from her aunt, it was a pair of socks with cats on them and she was forced to act absolutely distraught that she didn't think of getting her anything in exchange for the wonderful present.

Hell Mrs. Figg gave her cats more gifts than she did her.

The only thing out of the ordinary that happened on that completely boring yule break was that the neighbours the D-sometings, honestly she really could care less what their names were, found out about her and have all but declared her their babysitters.

They were really the worst sort of people, she reflected whilst walking over to number four privet drive, after that giraffe of a woman Mrs, D-something convinced aunt Arabella to make her babysit for them.

As she was walking towards the door she could hear the sound of a baby crying. No, scratch that screeching. The sound made her ears bleed and she was once again hit with murderous thoughts towards the woman forcing her to spend time with this absolute banshee.

She hesitates before knocking on the door,

'am I really going to subject myself to that much noise? No, no I am not'

As she is about to turn around to leave this house of terror, the door opens and she is met with a walrus.

'Huh, I didn't know they made human walruses?'

As he opened his mouth to speak she was fully expecting walrus noises to come out of his mouth.

But no it wasn't to be as he spoke in a very panicked and tired voice;

"Ah you're here girl, well we will be leaving now that you're here"

She was about to ask when they thought they would be back when the giraffe woman pushed by her with the screeching child and ran out the door muttering about a woman named Marge and how bad it would look if they were late. The father followed quickly after and shut the door behind him.

Adelyn was standing there in the middle of their entrance dumbfounded, not only had they left her without instructions, they left her without a kid to babysit!

'Maybe they will realize and come back, but it's not like you can forget with it making that much noise '

These thoughts came to an abrupt halt when she heard a child's laugh reasonnating from the living room.

Adelyn curiously approached the living room and was met with a strange sight colourful bubbles were floating around a very small black haired baby. Unlike the other baby this one seemed like more fun and above all he seemed quiet.

Once it registered in her head that the child was doing magic, she immediately got excited. Mr and Mrs D-something were without a shadow of a doubt muggles so she would get to introduce magic to a mugglebron!

That thought somehow made her feel less lonely even though it was a child who couldn't form coherent sentences it felt nice to have another wizard around who didn't hate her because she was a Slytherin and didn't resent her because she was a gifted witch.

Her parents like most pureblood parents taught had brought in a tutor from a very young age to teach her magic and it was clear straight from the beginning that she was a very intelligent girl and as such she was able to grasp theory at an alarming speed.

Since this little boy clearly didn't have anyone to show him the ropes she decided then and there that she would teach him magic.