Chapter two - One or the Other

RYANS POV

I jolted up straight, looking around for Ken. Then space next to me was empty now, with no signs of Ken. Could he be in the kitchen? Bathroom? I don't
think he'd just leave without a sign.

I ran my fingers through my wild hair. Last night was like a blur. Not that I forgot, but the fact that was the best night I've had, was unbelievable to me. I haven't felt that way in a while, and a cute guy at the bar was the one who gave me that feeling.

I got up from the hotel bed and slipped on my jeans and shirt from yesterday. I stood in front of the bathroom mirror, checking myself out. I was still a mess from last night, my hair sticking out in all different directions. My neck also having few, but noticeable dark hickeys just under my jaw, all from Ken.

I took out my phone from the pocket in my pants, looking for any messages from Ken, but of course I didn't have any texts from him. Just texts from Raquelle. A disappointed sigh left my mouth as I furrowed my eyebrows. Maybe I had to text him first? I mean, it wouldn't hurt to try, right?

But at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he'd never respond again. He was a straight, good looking guy who was questioning and probably realized how disgusting it really was and left with no explanation to avoid any embarrassment. At least that's my theory. Plus, there's other guys to look out for. Totally. Even though Ken might've been the prettiest boy I've ever seen. In my life time.

Either way there's nothing I can do about it, but even still, apart of me stings. I thought I could've maybe felt something between us last night, but maybe I was wrong. We were both tipsy and it was on impulse. I cant blame him when it was such an unexpected situation that we ended up in.

I decided I should probably check out soon since I had no other business here. I just was hoping that'd I get a response, just atleast some clarity.

...

I was sat on the exact same black leather chair from yesterday at the bar. I spent my whole day waiting and waiting for a reply. Still nothing.

It was already dark outside and I drank the whole day away, as usual. I wasn't an alcoholic, It just felt better being drunk than sober sometimes.  Although sometimes was almost everyday. I just gave up caring about my own health at this point. Not a big deal at all.

Raquelle definitely wasn't one of my first choices to go to if I needed to talk. She was my sister and of course I told her most things, she just wasn't as helpful during my "boy problems." I didn't really have any friends either, so I turned to the waitress, who had no choice but to listen to my pathetic story.

Yes, she was the same waitress I had been hitting on yesterday, but I couldn't care less.

I talked as she was aggressively drying a wine glass- with a white cloth and glaring eyes. "And he doesn't even leave me a note or a text! Nothing!" I slam my hands down on the counter.

She jumps slightly from the sudden movement and closes her eyes for a second, murmuring under her breath.

The bartender behind the waitress slid a few glasses of beer across the counter for the waitress to put them on top of her circle shaped tray.

She took a step forward to serve a table, but hesitantly turned around toward me.

"It was a one time hookup. Get a grip on yourself."

I watched as she walked away, my heart dropping.
She was right. Are my attachment issues really that bad?

The ring of the bell hanging from the entrance caught my attention. Someone had just entered, and it was Ken, with his arm wrapped around another girl's tiny waist. I felt nothing but the familiar feeling of anger and jealously.

As he continued his way to take a seat, his eyes met mine for a split second, just for him to go back to pretending nothing had happened between us.

I don't know what I was expecting. I was just an experiment for him to test out. I had no right to be mad at him, and yet I was, and I wanted to punch him in the face.

So I did. Well, I tried.