Dusty Date Night

Art by me!

Sorry if it's a bit short

---

Tap. Tap. Tap. Her fingers drummed impatiently.

"He's not here." Y/n groaned at the thought it being the fifth time it happened.

The sun and it's warmth had set long ago. Only a few people remained. She'd given up glancing at the entrance. She couldn't help rubbing the chill from her bare arms as her gaze dropped to the lonely tabletop. Maybe the menu had a hot drink.

The click of heels trailed from the door and stopped shortly behind her. Soft fabric enveloped her cold form. She quickly looked up to see a pleasantly familiar face.

"Hello, y/n-san." Robin gracefully slid into the seat across from her.

"Lovely to see you, Robin." Y/n said happily with an underlying sadness and a forced smile that didn't reach her eyes. She tugged at Robin's coat to cover her better.

"Stood up by Crocodile?" Robin waved toward a waiter, even the simple movement had an air of poise to it.

"Again, yes." Y/n sighed slouching a bit before telling the waiter her order.

"Fourth?" Robin took a sip of the wine the waiter poured.

"Fifth."

"I'm paying." Robin stated bluntly resting her head on her right palm.

"Robin." 

"Y/n." Robin's left hand glided across the table to hold y/n's.

"Ok..." Warmth rose up and blossomed upon y/n's face as the whisper escaped her glossy lips. Her eyes wandered away. 

Robin smiled and let their hands linger together for a moment before pulling away.

Y/n tried throughout the night to start a conversation only to find she couldn't manage to form a sentence, to her embarrassment and Robin's amusement. 

"Would you like some?" Robin held out her fork, offering a piece of her food.

Y/n shyly nodded and leaned in. She couldn't help but feel childish for being flushed over something simple like that.

Robin remained completely unbothered and went back to eating.

Y/n could've sworn she saw a slight smirk, but if there was it was gone before she checked.

---

They both stepped out into dark desert night. Robin insisted on walking her home and y/n just couldn't refuse.

An unexpected figure approached, the man himself.

"Crocodile." Robin said blandly.

"Robin." He said returning the displeased energy.

"You're late." A devilish grin crawled up her face as her arm slid around y/n's waist pulling her closer.

"I can see that." He frowned watching the way y/n buried her embarrassed face deeply into the fluff of Robin's coat and leaned in closer.

He knew when to accept defeat.

---

Here's another version of the Robin art piece

Hehehehehheheheheheheheh