(Oneshot) A Confession

"Die!!" Mao Mao swung his katana at the large monster in the town center. It was biting the roofs off of houses and terrorizing the sweetie pies. The sheriff was excited to be able to fight a monster, today especially since you were there with him for the first time in a month.

A month ago you had been injured during a fight and had to wait to help your friends fight monsters again. It was just a sprained ankle but Badgerclops was too worried about you to let you leave the house.

Now you laughed and drew your own sword out and attacked the monster's legs with Badgerclops. It tripped over the wounds you have it and left it in the perfect position for Mao Mao to stab its stomach.

He plunged his katana into the creatures chest and only pulled it back out when its breaths ceased. He grinned proudly at you.

"THAT WAS AMAZING MAO MAO!!" Adorabat flew up to Mao Mao and landed on his arm, spreading her wings to highlight her enthusiasm.

"I know, I'm awesome," Mao Mao said and put his katana back in its sheath. Adorabat flapped her wings and smiled at her mentor while he hopped off of the monster's chest.

"Dude that monster didn't see what was even coming!" Badgerclops pumped a fist into the air and giggled. You hugged his flesh arm as a quiet thanks for his help on getting the monster off its feet.

"You were so fast with your sword," you remarked, flicking your tail out of happiness.

"For the last time, Geraldine is a katana. Not a sword." He rubbed the grip of the katana and glared at you with a playful smile on his lips.

"Hey, can we head home now? I'm starving." Badgerclops pointed to the aerocycle as an invitation to get going.

"We just ate breakfast." Mao Mao held the bridge of his nose but went back to the aerocycle. "But fine, I wanted to relax."

You ran after him and hugged Mao Mao around his waist while your helmet wrapped itself around your head. Adorabat wedged herself in between your stomach and Mao Mao's back so she didn't accidentally fly away, and lastly Badgerclops wrapped his arms around all of you to hold on. Mao Mao started the engine and you all took off back to sheriff's HQ.

———–———–———–———–———–———–———

You sat on the sofa clicking through channels until you found something that looked interesting enough. You only half paid attention once Mao Mao took a seat on the sofa next to you. You couldn't help but look at the stark black cat beside you. He had taken good care of you while you couldn't walk by making you meals, helping you to the bathroom, and making sure you still got plenty of mental stimulation. His eyes wandered to meet yours which made you blush and look away.

"What is it you're watching?" he asked you, just trying to strike up a conversation. You blinked down at the remote and turned off the television.

"Nothing now. You want to talk it seems." You playing with your tail while looking at Mao Mao again. His green eyes were watching your hands on your tail.

"Well I actually did, em.." he tralied off and looked away from you. "You did really well in the fight today, especially after your break."

You giggled and covered your cheeks to try and hide your blush.

"You did too, especially for being such a dork," you retorted. Mao Mao looked back at you with a smirk.

"You're a lot dorkier than me, (Y/n)," he spoke in a sarcastic tone.hoping you'd continue the joke. He always loved joking with you. It was something he loved.

"Well you're the dorkiest!" You leaned at him and grabbed his cheeks with your paws. He smiled and held your face too. Mao Mao moved his face closer until your noses and foreheads were touching and your face was red. Your closed your eyes expecting a kiss when Mao Mao spoke.

"You're dorkiester," he grinned and your pulled your face away with your eyebrows furrowed.

"Rude!" You crossed your arms and looked away from him with pouted lips.

"What, did you want a kiss?" He knew what he was doing with his words. He was trying to pry a confession from you. But he was also enjoying just playing with you.

"Shut up. I don't wanna kiss." Your knees were tucked under your chin in faux anger. You were trying to hide a smile from the fun you were having with Mao Mao.

"I'm hurt. I wanted one," he faked a whine and held your face again. "Can we try again?"

You giggled and held his wrists while you pushed your nose against his.

"I don't wanna kiss." You decided to play hard to get now. Mao Mao was smart and could figure out a way around this. He always did.

"Would you kiss Badgerclops?" He pouted and put his hands in between his legs while tilting his head at you, trying to act cute so you looked at him.

"And what if I would?" You smirked. You thought of Badgerclops as a big brother. Mao Mao didn't know that which you used to your advantage.

"You would?!" He panicked a bit and stood up, ready to go tell Badgerclops off for making you like him. You giggled and dragged him back onto the couch.

"I don't wanna kiss you, I need to do it!" you held his cheeks and pressed your lips against his with your eyes closed. You savored the few seconds where Mao Mao went rigid from surprise before relaxing into your touch. You pulled away and examined Mao Mao's red tinted face.

"So is that a confession?" He asked once he remembered how to speak.

You giggled and flicked his forehead.

"Of course it is, dork."