🍁The friend who drifted away🍁

This is my first ever request so I'm really excited to do it! I hope you all enjoy

This is my first ever request so I'm really excited to do it! I hope you all enjoy. This is going to be a female reader because that is what x5383zkx requested so I hope you enjoy reading and stay safe!

~Slight angst~

It had been many a moon since Kazuha had laid his eyes on his beloved friend (Y/N), they were childhood friends, almost inseparable. They were so close, they even fell in love with each other. All was so sweet until the bitterness hit. (Y/N) disappeared without a trace... this was too many years ago, and because of this, Kazuha often visited taverns to mourn and weep over the girl he fell in love with, he never knew what happened to her. No one did. 

He missed her. Heck the word yearned was a true understatement to how Kazuha was feeling. He missed her (e/c) eyes and how they looked at him with such warmth. He missed her velvety (h/c) hair, he missed the way how it perfectly suited her face and he missed how it blew in the wind. He missed her sweet voice that would be like a melody in his ears, he missed the times when she sang soft tunes when he was feeling down or when he couldn't sleep. He missed her warmth when she hugged him. 

"I wish she could just come back to me..." 

Was all he could say in the times when he wept, getting drunk to ease the pain, but the drinks would never ease the pain inside of his heart forever. It would last 3 hours at best. He felt like he was drowning in the seas without her soft smile, if only if he could see her smile again, see her eyes and hair, hear her voice again, embrace her again and feel her warmth. 

This was all a year ago, he hasn't gotten drunk since. Sure he would drink and let the tears run but he didn't get drunk because he remembered how she didn't like drunkards. 

Now he was traveling with a certain blond boy. Having his company wasn't too bad for Kazuha, but Aether would never be the same as the woman he fell in a deep pool of love with. No matter how much Aether told Kazuha about his fun adventures in Mondstat and Liyue that would make many laugh because of his silly floating companion Paimon. It didn't help, he was still devastated about the loss of (Y/N) but he refused to show it to the braided boy sitting next to him, arguing with the strange pixie-like mascot in front of him. 

Kazuha got lost in thought at where she was still alive or dead, he wanted to believe that she was alive but what were the chances? She had drifted away from him, like the current of the ocean had taken her in. What if she had drowned? No. She was a good swimmer. But why would she leave? 

No one knew, and no one would never know at this rate, but what was "this rate?" You had been gone since you were 14 years old. But Kazuha never lost hope. 

'Did I do something to her? I could've sworn I did nothing... so why? (Y/N) why..?' 

Tears were threatening to pour out of Kazuha's scarlet eyes, Aether noticed this and with a slightly timid voice he said,