little by little...

warning: TC3 spoilers ahead!!
"Whatever Lorraine sees, feels, touches, it helps people but it also takes a toll on her...little piece each time."
While Lorraine went through the motions in her search for what happened to Jessica, the whole time she felt like there was someone or something else there. Even watching Katie and Jessica in her vision, she still felt like there was another set of eyes watching her every move.
She saw the truth of what happened when Jessica stabbed Katie to death and took off running.
Lorraine knew Ed would've told her to come back at this point when things got dangerous but she still needed to know "where" Jessica ended up since the police never found her body, so when Jessica ran, Lorraine followed.
Ed watched her frantically run through the woods as he yelled for her and she couldn't hear him.
Lorraine full on sprinted after Jessica to the edge of a cliff she wasn't aware of but caught herself in time to catch her balance.
She stood there as she realized where the poor girl ended up and turned to face Ed.
"Lorraine! Are you okay?" He asked.
He never got an answer since the detective came running shortly after and finally caught up.
"Jessica...she's, she's down there." Lorraine said in between breaths.
The detective got on his walkie calling for backup and a search team.
Lorraine now had her hands over her knees hunched over still trying to catch her breath which proved increasingly difficult. It was like every breath she took, it made it worse.
"Lorraine? It's okay, you're safe." Ed assured her walking towards her.
She couldn't hear his words, they were muffled. All she heard was the sound of her rapid heart beat growing louder. She took her hands away from her knees and put them to her ears forcing her eyes shut and that she was okay.
"Lorraine! Can you hear me??" Ed asked at his breaking point now worried sick something else was wrong.
Lorraine put her hands around Ed's arms trying to feel his safety as her sight began to leave, feeling herself slip into unconscious.
"Ed.." She said softly as she collapsed to the ground.
"Call an ambulance!" Ed yelled to the detective as he was on his walkie.
Ed scooped her in his arms and carried her back to the car as the detective followed along all waiting for the ambulance.
"Has this happened before?" He asked feeling regret for not believing Lorraine earlier.
"Maybe once...but it wasn't near this bad." Ed answered not taking his eyes off of her.
It pained him with every step seeing her so vulnerable and scared, not to mention the exhaustion from chasing her through the long, hot woods after being in the hospital. But he'd do anything for her if it meant giving his own life so he never once complained aloud or in his mind while the many thoughts of losing her crossed his head.
Finally the ambulance came along with cops annoyed to be searching for Jessica once again. Ed laid her on the gurney as they did a quick examination.
"Has she experienced a loss of consciousness recently?" The paramedic asked.
"Uh yes." Ed answered still not taking his off Lorraine.
"Well she's going to be okay, but she is going to need to rest...a lot. If this has happened more than two times I highly recommend she sees a doctor about this." The man answered heavily implying she rest once she comes to.
This wasn't the first time Lorraine had been in the hospital due to the effects of her visions but she could never see a doctor because they wouldn't understand. They don't know what goes through her head, the horrible things she sees, the visions that slowly chip away at her until there's nothing left. They'd never know how to help her.
Within the time it took the police to uncover Jessica's body Lorraine had woken up. Tired and in pain but awake and safe and that was all that mattered.
The pair hugged tightly in the ambulance until they were interrupted by the detective from earlier who thanked Lorraine for her help and promised he'd send the case file over to where they were staying.
It was hard for Ed to see her so vulnerable and he didn't know how she did it but she smiled at him knowing it was a somewhat fake smile which saddened him a bit, but the two sat there for a minute just living and happy that things turned out the way they did.