Prologue

In 2017, after the inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th President of the United States, a worldwide protest occurred in which women marched on the capitals of their countries, states and provinces. This protest was in response to comments that the president had made that were considered to be 'anti-women' or offensive to women.

As the years of Donald Trump's one and only term wore on, the annual protests began including more than just women's rights. LGBTQ+, union rights, healthcare reform, disability justice, just to name a few, became further focus of the Women's March. Women worldwide were fighting for the equality that after hundreds of years, was still not afforded to them.

Over the four tumultuous years of the Trump presidency, in an effort to challenge Roe v. Wade, several Republican run states passed abortion laws that made it nearly impossible for women to access safe and legal abortions, and slashed sexual health education in the American school system.

In 2021, the Supreme Court of the United States began hearing an abortion case that threatened the constitutional right of women to seek those safe and legal abortions, stemming from an abortion case first heard in Mississippi where lawmakers were arguing to make it illegal for women to access abortion after 15 weeks gestation.

Emboldened by the Black Lives Matter protests of the previous summer, and the shock and outrage that spawned protests following the discovery of a mass grave at a Residential School in Kamloops, BC, Canada, women worldwide stood up for their reproductive and equality rights and fought back.

The ensuing revolution was like nothing the world had seen. The men who ran the government were taken aback when their female colleagues stopped listening and started talking. It was not a quiet revolution.

The revolution spread globally with women the world over, overturning their governments, driving the men out of the legislatures, Houses of Parliament, palaces and every government seat that had ever been held by men.

The women formed new governments, rewrote laws, abolished archaic reproductive laws that sought to control the bodily autonomy of women, changed the narrative, and implemented programs and laws that improved the lives of women everywhere.

Men were stripped of their rights to vote, were expected to be the homemakers, while their wives, daughters and girlfriends went out to work.

The All-American Girls' Baseball League was re-formed, the NBA, NFL and NHL along with all other male-dominated sports leagues were abolished. The WNBA and the WNHL flourished. The European Premier Football leagues began recruiting women coaches, players, scouts and women to run the front office.

Gun control laws were passed that made it nearly impossible for men to own firearms, and required women to pass a background check, take a training course, obtain a license that would be required to be renewed every four years, and endure a three week waiting period before she could physically take possession of her firearm.

Although the world seemed relatively peaceful, an underground men's movement did crop up, though it was several years before their existence was known. They worked silently for decades before beginning to bring their own protests into the mainstream.