Chapter 1, The miss

A/N : Hey guys, chapter 1 is now officially coming up, I hope you are doing good today, and I hope I can live to everyone's expectations. Also, I appreciate people who take the time to review, I accept, good, bad and confused reviews but not ugly reviews. Spread love. I love you all.

Also, WARNING, do not read this if you are dealing with depression or grief.

Chapter 1, The Miss

Athene La Rue, a girl living in a world of black and white, slowly peeled her eyes open, and realised she had slept, despite her brother going missing. She mentally cursed herself, and got up.

"Any news on him, mother?"

"Not yet, hon."

She could see, her mother had been crying, her eyes were red and puffy, but who could blame her. She got up and filled a glass with water, her mother was talking to someone on the phone, and then she came after her daughter, in the kitchen.

Athene took one look at her, and she knew what her mother had just heard.

"No, no, no, no, no this can't be happening, no."

"Honey, calm down, it's not what you think it is."

"Then what is it? WHAT IS IT? ANSWER ME GOD DAMMIT."

"They found his car, crashed in a tree, and destroyed completely, but couldn't find a body, however there was a forest near the crash, and they could detect his bloody footprints, leading to the forest, but the footsteps had vanished right in middle, and they think that, some animal, attacked him, they are pulling the plug, for this case."

"WHAT?!?! they can't do that. What if he's still out there, in need of help?"

Call it denial. But she couldn't believe it.

She ran up to her room, before her mother could even get a word out, and slammed the door.

Her heart wrenching sobs echoed all around the room and she clamped down her hand on her mouth, to silence them. Tears poured down her eyes like river nile, itself.

In that moment, she felt so heartbroken, like a part of her had died. And she realised, it actually had. It hurt, it hurt so bad, that she couldn't think, couldn't see, couldn't feel. She felt so much agony that she started to slip into the sea of nothingness. What if she couldn't survive this pain? What if she couldn't find her way towards the surface of this endless agonizing ocean? So many what if's.

She lost count of time, and the amount of tears she shed.

"I can't take this, bring him back. Please. Please."

She found herself repeating this like a mantra, and she looked up, as if praying. She was never the one to believe in god, and pray. That was all her brother. She looked at the ring, her brother had given her on her 13th birthday, marking her teenage years. She was 16 today, and realised that when her brother had given her the ring, he had given her a note to open up on her sixteenth birthday, she walked over to her desk, and fished around for the emerald green note. She controlled the tears that threatened to slip through her facade. His usually messy handwriting in gold swept a hurricane of emotions over her. She read it silently;

"Dear petite sister,

Hah! 16 today, eh? Wow, someone's getting older. Happiest birthday, tough-ass. You shall grow, up and strong. No matter how far apart we are, no matter how much of an asshole I would be, know that I will love you incessantly, little sister. This ring will save you from the darkness that looms in.

I love you, Athene.

To the best little sister, who has an even better brother. Haha. Now, before you get that scrunchy, annoyed face of yours going on, I'm just kidding. Haha.

Yours lovingly,

Cassian, your awesome bro."

She couldn't control it anymore, she gently placed the card in her drawer, and cried her heart out, as all their memories assaulted her brain. She could even smell, her brother's stupid, strong perfume. She fell to her knees on the carpet, and words escaped her lips between her hiccupped sobs.

"Come...come back to me. Br-...Bring him back to me...please. COME BACK TO ME, please...please. Its not your time, yet. It should be me. But...fo...for the love of god, not him. Please...please...please...please."

And she repeated those words, until her body was exhausted and she had no more tears left to cry. She fell to the carpet completely and slipped into sleepy unconsciousness. She had to find out the truth, they hadn't found the body, yet, there's still hope. Hope, it's what is going to keep her going.

A/N, So, What did y'all think about the chapter, it is pretty angsty, alright. But, it will get better, or will it? Again, I accept all reviews, good, bad and confused but not ugly. I hope you get through what you might be going through. I love you. Until next time-!