Stargazing

The next day, I invited Scaramouche to join me to go stargazing. Technically, I was gonna read the future, and he was the one who is gonna stargaze.

At 10 PM we met at the top of my favorite stargazing hill. I placed a mat on the grass so we wouldn't get mud on us. I brought out my notebook of predictions, where I write all the predictions I have ever made, so I won't forget it. "What are you looking at?" Scaramouche walked in. "The stars," I answered. "Why do you like them so much?" He asked me. "Because they help me tell the future," I smiled. "What does it say about... us?" He suddenly acted shy. "Us? Well, some presents are best kept closed," I told him. "Sooooo... you admit it?" I teased "You like me?".

"Haha in your dreams, miss-fortune-teller!" He laughed. "Then why'd you ask about us? You clearly don't like me, but you use the term 'us'" I went on smarty-mode . "I-I-" he stuttered "Don't d-d-o that,". "Hehe, but it's so fun," I pouted teasingly.

"Scaramouche!" Oh no... Childe is here. "Quick! Pretend you're beating me up!" I panicked. "Ok," Scaramouche hurried. "Can't you see I'm in the middle of something, Childe?" Scaramouche said faking as if he was annoyed. "Signora wants to talk to you," Childe said. "So? Is she the boss of me?" He asked sarcastically. Childe didn't answer. "I'll answer for you, since you so dumb you can't answer! No, Signora is not the boss of me. I don't need to listen to that bossy, spoiled brat! Now scram! I'm not done beating up this sucker!" He said.

"Whatever! Signora won't be happy! Don't say I didn't warn you!" Childe yelled, angrily.

"Now that he is gone, where were we?" Scaramouche shook off the pain he tried to hide. "Hey, are you ok?" I got concerned. "I'm fine, I'm fine," he tried to hide his pain.

"Hey... I know this is weird coming from me, but I'm concerned for you. Hiding your feelings isn't healthy. Especially negative feelings. If you don't have someone to guide you, then you might end... at the... wrong end," I explained. "I don't want you to get involved. You haven't done anything wrong. You don't deserve to be suffering like I do," he said in pain.

"Well, burdens feel less painful when someone is helping you carry it," I said. "and either way, I am already suffering... because..." I stopped. "Because what?" Scaramouche asked. "Because... because... I-" I started. "Because I care for you!" I said quickly as I could, hoping he won't understand what words have formed from my lips. "You what?" He rasied one brow. "You know what I said, idiot!" I crossed my arms and flicked my hair to his face.

"Haha, you caught me, I care for you too," he smiled. "H-how!? How'd you say that so casually?!" I yelled out. "I don't know. I've said it for acting many times. I guess it comes out easier, since I'm used to saying it. B-but don't get me wrong! I really do care for you. I'm just saying I had to say it as a fake many times and those words come outta me easily," he explained. "Well, that makes sense," I rolled my eyes laughing in confusion.