Chapter 1

I do not own Harry Potter or any of the characters in this story. I just own the ideas, Alaina, and the history. J. K. Rowling owns Harry Potter.

There I stood waiting, waiting for the train to arrive. My name is Alaina Bellatrix Narcissa Malfoy. My brother is the infamous Draco Malfoy. As I stood in the train station I wondered why father had sent me to come greet Draco instead of just waiting for him to come home. Father must have had a meeting with the Dark Lord. I despised that man. He put my family through hell and was trying to make my brother and I his minions. I sighed as the train was late and father was going to be furious. I hope that it would arrive quickly. I did not want to face punishment for being late especially if the Dark Lord was still there when Draco and I arrive.

                After ten minutes of being late the train pulled into view. Once at a complete stop the doors opened and mudbloods started filling out. Soon after Draco and the Slytherins, purebloods, walked off the train. I smirked, the infamous Malfoy smirk, and looked at Draco. He had grown so much since last time I saw him. Ignoring the people around him, I walked in front of him. “Draco, the train was late on arrival. We must go home father is waiting.” I spoke to him suddenly making those around him stare at me. Draco glared at me, rolling his eyes and replied in a cold voice, “I will get home when I arrive. You can wait or go if you wish, I do not really care.” The tone in his voice scared me. “Draco Lucius Malfoy, do not speak to me in that way. Father has requested for you to come home when you arrived. We have visitors at home and you shall come now!” I yelled at him. His eyes widened and turned to his friends nodded a goodbye.

                He turned back to me and followed quickly, I could feel his glare on my back. “Draco, I would like it if you stopped glaring. I would have let you converse as long as you wished and left you there but if I came back without you I would be severely punished. When we do arrive I will tell father that I was talking to some of your friends and that is why we are late. I do not wish to see you punished by father again.” I stated and looked back at him. His eyes widened as he replied, “Alaina, I will not allow you to do that. Father will not punish you anyways. He has never punished you before. I will take the blame as it is my fault.” I sighed and stopped walking. “Draco, I have been punished. I have suffered the cruciatus curse just as you have. I have been beaten, hexed, jinxed, cursed, and I have suffered the Dark Lord’s punishments as well.” I replied with tears forming in my eyes, I hated these tears. Tears are a sign of weakness. Draco’s eyes widened more than ever and anger erupted on his face. I turned and started walking again with Draco not far behind.

                Once we arrived at the Malfoy Manor, we hurried inside. I walked into the sitting room and saw father, mother, and the Dark Lord sitting there. “Excuse me, father, Draco is here. Sorry we are late the train was ten minutes late and then I met one of the boys in Slytherin.” I spoke trying to hide the fear in my voice as I heard Draco step next to me. “That is no excuse! You should not speak to anyone except those I tell you to! Have I not taught you that by now?” Father yelled as he stood from his spot, taking out his wand. I looked down and my father just got angrier. “I guess you have not learned. Well I will have to teach you again.” He stated in a lower, colder voice. “Crucio!” Father yelled as I fell to the floor pain overtaking my body. Father repeated the curse many times making me twitch in pain, I held in the screams that desperately wanted to escape. I would not give him the satisfaction of it. “Stop Lucius, I believe that is enough. I want her alive. I will have use for her later.” The Dark Lord stated in a commanding voice.

                The curse stopped but the pain still remained.  I could taste blood in my mouth and I could feel the wounds that had opened from my last beating. My father sat down and mother greeted Draco. I was the devil child that was never wanted, Draco was the perfect angel. I envied him for that and for his freedom. “Get up, girl. Go change and get back down here in presentable clothes.” Father spoke to me in the coldest voice I could imagine. I nodded and stood up, as painful as it was, walking up to my room in the attic with a slight limp.