chapter one ; kinetic molecular theory

𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐀 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐉𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐒 grimaced at her paper, flicking her dark brown hair behind her neck.

"Bullshit is what it is," The girl muttered, "Who needs to learn kinetic motherfuckingular theory, anyways?"

Izuku Midoriya, her best friend and neighbour, elbowed her softly, "C'mon, Mimi, you can't say that in a school!"

"Quite the opposite, Drip-Doriya," Mira grinned evilly, elbowing him back and taking his worksheet, before copying all of the answers onto her sheet, "And you'll have to elbow me harder. You're too gentle."

"That's what this world needs, and I'll give it to them." Izuku argued, and Mira sighed in stubbornness.

The two had had this argument for nothing less then forever:

Would the world be better off with soft, gentle, and tender hands cradling it?

Or would it fare well with rough yet strict hands, firmly setting the Earth and it's occupants on the right track?

Izuku was a strong advocate for the first way, while Mira insisted on following the second.

"How about this, 'Zuku?" Mira clasped her fingers together, "Whoever finishes and hands in their worksheet first... wins this time."

Looking back, Mira should've raised the stakes higher.

"Why can't we just work together?" The greenette pouted, but was shut up with one look from the chocolate eyed girl, "Fine."

"Alright... go!"

The two raced to finish, pens furiously scribbling on the paper. The background ambience of their classmates simply not being enough to distract them from their goal.

At the halfway mark, it was clear Mira wouldn't win; not this time, at least.

The girl sat back, hands behind her head in a languid position as she watched her friend sweat.

"DONE!" Izuku stood up with a victorious smile, before his eyebrows creased confusedly, "Wait, why aren't yo—"

Mira stood up, chair scraping along the floor as she jumped on the boy, slapping a hand over his mouth.

"Shh," Mira giggled wickedly, "Don't... say... a.. word."

Izuku shook his head frantically, groans muffled in his friend's hand—

Anything to alert his classmates and teacher, but they were too busy working. Not like they'd help the constantly bullied boy, anyway.

On the other hand:

The girl closed her eyes, sensing her quirk ready to make it's way to the surface.

And, sure enough, the daughter of both French and Japanese descent allowed power to flow through her veins, heat crackling around the air and hair flowing around her head imperiously.

'Red light,' Mira's quirk urged, 'Take the wimp's electron's out. Kill them.'

'Calm down, he's my best friend. I'm not going to hurt him... but Baguko is a different story,' Mira rolled her eyes at the mere thought of the angry Pomeranian—haired boy in her class.

And before you ask, yes. Mira Desjardins was this dramatic, and no, she did not give a shit.

Even when it came down to a simple worksheet.

Izuku fed that competitiveness in his own shy way; even so. He still did.

"MIR—" Izuku could barely choke out a plea, but the girl shushed him again, placing a soft finger on his arm.

A warning

And Izuku turned white.

"Now, sweet 'Zukie," Mira cooed, pouting slightly, "Don't you want me to get stronger at using my quirk?"

"Go..into.. UA high.. then.." Izuku spat,  refusing to give into his best friend's grasp, "Why.. hurt.. me.."

"Good point," Mira admitted sarcastically, and jumped off of the boy promptly, "You really got me there, Zu."

The entire classroom had gone silent; the two friends looked up to see everyone staring at them.

Mira shrugged while Izuku turned red, "Sorry," They muttered in unison.

And I know you'll ask again, so yes. Again. But what can I say?

Mira really likes giving Izuku nicknames. He has copious amounts.

Here are a couple:

Zu, Zuku, Izukie ( when she wants something ), Izu, Zu-Zu, Drip–Doriya, and finally, Broccoli–Crotch.

The last one is used specially for holidays & Izuku's birthday, of course.

That's beside the point; let's get back to the book, yes?

☀️☀️☀️

"You didn't have to jump on me so hard, you know?" Izuku murmured quietly, fact cast downwards as the two friends walked home together, "I'm not that strong."

"Oh, I know," Mira said airily, smiling into the sky, "It's just, I only like sparring with you."

"Sparring?" Izuku choked on his spit, "Sorry, w-what?"

"Sparring with you is so informative, Zukie," Mira pouted slightly, eyes watering, "Now be a good friend and piggy-back me. I'm tired."

"From what, exactly?" Izuku sighed, although he allowed the girl to jump on his back, repositioning her thighs, "And please don't choke me like you did last week."

"I won't," Mira rested her head on the greenette's, smiling softly as her cheek grazed his soft hair, "I just didn't get a lot of sleep last night."

"Are you alright at your house?" The boy quickened his pace, "I know that it can be tough sometimes... just know that you always have a place at mine, okay?"

"Of course. Thank you, Zu," The brunette combed the boy's hair with her hand, "Thank you so much."

"Of course, Miri," Izuku smiled, closing his eyes as he shifted into an uncomfortable position; one that was necessary to go both faster and smoother.

It was a serene silence after that.

Soon enough, Mira fell fast asleep on Izuku's back, and the boy arrived at his own home, handing his friend over to his mother quietly.

Inko had no qualms about taking Mira in occasionally ( and neither did mira being in the house ); she knew what the girl had done for her son, and she would be forever grateful for the confidence she'd restored in him.

"I'll be in my room, Mom," Izuku whispered, shooting one last glance at his friend before making his way towards his own haven ( albeit being allmight filled ).

The boy closed his eyes, flopping on his bed. His shoulders relaxed, legs finally resting after they'd walked 30+ minutes with the girl on his back.

He would do anything for Mira- that much was blatantly clear.

And there was no need to see if the same would be done from the other girl.

She made it clear every single day.