Prologue

NOTE: This story is completely fan-made and not to be considered official in regard to original works.

CAUTION: This fanfic contains content that may NOT be intended for younger readers. The author specified this due to references of violence, gore, language/profanity, and scary/suggestive themes. As such, it is highly recommended that readers of age 14+ can read this story.

This story is to take place approximately 30 years before Geronimo Stilton's first adventure in the Kingdom of Fantasy. Right now, the setting is in a manor, located between the border of the Land of Nightmares and the Kingdom of Witches.

The night was dark and crawling with the distant creatures that lurk within their shadowy dens. The surrounding forest was soaked with the heavy and dense rain that fell from the murky clouds above. In the center of the woods, was a manor. Dark and dreadful on the outside, but a comforting and satisfying home on the inside. On the entrance of the manor, stood a figure, in a grey suit enveloped by a sea blue cloak. His chestnut brown hair swayed with the wind of the storm.

"Umbra", he calmly said. "Don't worry, he will be fine. He'll be safe. With the White Wizard Mel on our side, we'll make sure our son goes down the right path."

"But Moray," Umbra mewed. "Outside this manor, outside this Kingdom, there will be tremendous danger. I don't think our Peril is ready for this."

"Don't worry, I-"

"They won't accept who he is." Umbra interrupted.

Umbra's pale lavender hair and deep rose dress swirled in the wind like dancing fairies. From outside, there was a voice. "Ma! Pa!" the young voice called, awaiting an answer. The voice stopped calling, and a smaller figure ran towards the entrance of the manor, heading towards Moray and Umbra, who seem to be the parents of the young boy who was running downstairs. The boy had skin nearly as pale as the full moon. He also had shaggy hair as black as a crow's feathers, and deep blue eyes. Under his left eye was a black marking, running down from his eye to his chin. He seemed to be wearing a deep blue shirt and violet leggings. He was swiftly running from the upstairs down to the entrance. 

"Ma! Pa!" the boy chirped, "Monty got stuck on a tree again, and he refused to climb down. Because of that, I decided to climb with him."

Moray smiled. "And what happened to Monty? Did you catch him?"

"He jumped onto the balcony. I tried to follow him. I slipped down the tree very fast though." Peril responded.

Moray chuckled playfully "Are you ok? I bet your mother is hoping you didn't scratch yourself when you were playing around with that silly cat."

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I just got some splinters on my hands from that tree."

Umbra sighed when Peril showed her and Moray the small spikes of tree bark embedded on their son's palms, along with beads of crimson blood trickling down his hands from the larger cuts. Being Peril's protective mother, Umbra guided Peril inside their manor, sending him upstairs to clean him up. Moray followed.