best friends to lovers

Y/N: your name 

I looked at the time from my phone. it was 8 o'clock past few minutes, i looked at the airplane window as I felt the nervousness on my stomach as the plane was about to land. a message pops on my phone, it was daniel: "waiting for you, so excited!".

I smiled slightly while some little turbulence on the plane happened. Finally, I hear the flight attendant speaking saying we had finally landed in LA. The plane stopped and I waited a few more minutes on my seat while everyone was standing up lowering their bags from the containers above the plane seats. When the plane was less full, then I started grabbing my baggage. I stared walking to the front to get off the plane. Once i was out of my gate, i opened dan's message and replied back: "finally landed!". He immediately opened the message and then he calls. I waited a few seconds,as i stared at the incoming call on my phone, thinking if in this long time that we had not seen each other, my feeling for him would be gone. I guess it was time to find out.

I sighed, and answered the call with a smile on my face.

daniel: "heyyy! where are youu??? i'm in gate 64 where you told me your flight was landing, but i can't find you."

me: "yes, that's the gate where i landed, i'm walking out right now but i don't see you either.."

i just heard "oh..." from the phone, while we locked eyes when we finally saw each other in middle of a small crowd from far away while we both still had our phones near our ears. we hung up the call. I dropped my bags slowly on the floor while we both ran to each other with a huge smile. We hugged with excitement while i didn't even realize i had wrapped him with my legs around him with my arms on his neck. His arms were also wrapped around me from my back. We just chuckled with small smiles while he said "i missed you so damn much", while we hugged for a little more.

He dropped me slowly until both my feet where on the ground. We just kept looking at each other's eyes until i spoke to avoid an awkward moment of revealing my feelings. with just that stare we had, i knew my feelings have never been gone, they were always there. But this time.. this time i sensed that he kinda felt the same. I didn't want to assume anything, so i totally ignored my thoughts. He helped me carry my heaviest baggage, while i carried the lighter one. We started walking towards the exit door of the airport while we chatted casually.

me: "it's been sooo long..."

daniel: "i know rightttt! i think the last time we saw each other was on my last race in Monaco last year! it's been a long time"

me: "ohh yesss! that was the last time."

[ i started bringing some memories and mentioned an embarrassing event that happened to daniel to have a little laugh. ]

me: "remember when you talked to that mean girl thinking it was your sister" (i laughed)

dan: "ughh that was so embarrassing!!, don't bring that up" (he laughed as well while talking)

after walking for a while we got to the parking lot, as he said. "there" pointing to his blue sports car. while taking out his key and unlocked the car from a little far. He placed all my baggage on the back of his car. then he opened the passenger's door for me, and said: "welcome ma'am" in a joking way. he walked around the car to get to his seat, and turned it on, and started driving.

He gave me his phone and let me play my playlist while we sang together some songs we both liked a lot. We drove like this for about 20 minutes.

Then he made a turn on a lonely road were no cars drive through, we had been both together there before. I knew exactly what was about to happen. He knows i like some little adrenaline, so he waited for the drop of the song, and turned up the volume, and started accelerating the car, he looked at me, smiled, at looked back at the road while the speed was going up. I swallowed without saying nothing and smiled while looking at him drive.