Viewpoints

If I was a broken record, what would I sound like? Probably rigid and recked.. but isn't there still a melody within it; a line of chorus and verses. If I was a rotten shoe, would my colors have faded? From a nice white and light blue to a dim dark grey and brown. Would my laces stay tied or would they disappear from my life?

   They've always said I was weird and abnormal, but I'm just a simple girl. Dull, minor, inconvenient. I'm not a forgotten song or a lost boot; I'm just me. I'm here, in the spotlight of life, looking at things like they should have meaning and love. Liking everything as they seem, and being everything people want me to be.

:What Is Life Without Meaning:

   "Jaden. Did you happen to drop by every place on this list? I heard the gymnasium is probably gonna be the easiest."

   I looked up at her, trying to smile. I've realized in these past couple of days that this project probably won't be fun, but I might as well try to find someone fun to be around.

   "Yes, Cameron. I've seen the gym. Easy.." I mumbled a little. My favorite part was the garden. Not many people go there since the place is kinda rotten down and lonely.. but I loved it. I know not a lot of students will pick it, but I might as well do something new. The garden should be cared for, just like the rest of the school.

   "You're still thinking about the wilted flowers aren't you? I know it looked horrible in there but you have to pick something that someone else is gonna pick. Like me!" Cameron groaned, trying to persuade me. She hopped and then crashed into the desk beside me, slouching in an awful manner.

   "I'm sorry, Cam. I honestly just wanna fix it up. It looks so amazing, and with a little bit of help it'll be perfect. I'll be getting two things done at once, it's a win win." I smiled for real this time, pushing all of my happiness out onto my body movement. I felt excited just thinking about it.

   "I'm telling you," She got up from her seat and made a disgusted face at me, "You know who is gonna be there with you. He never likes talking to people, of course he's gonna go for the garden."

   I looked up at her in confusion.

   She groaned again and then huffed out, "Lucius! The class WEIRDO! He never talks to anyone, unless he's absolutely forced to. In fact, I've never even heard what he sounds like! I don't get it. Everyone knows he's not a mute." She blabbed, rolling her eyes a couple times and making weird faces.

   "Uhm.. who?" I asked, grinning. I've never heard anyone go by the name Lucius before. Maybe I'm just stupid and forgetting him.

   "Nevermind, idiot. Just don't go for the garden, please! I can guarantee you won't like your partner if you get him." She pleaded, sitting back down and giving me a pouty lip. I sighed, looking back down at my paper with a sad thought.

   I don't know what else I would even pick.

-

   "Ms. Lynn." I walked up to her before class started. She stared at me with a smile. Her outfit of a deep blue and bright yellow not matching made me smile back.

   "Uhm, I was just gonna ask about when we could officially start? I have a couple ideas in mind already, and I wanted to know if starting things off without a partner would be okay? And when do you choose the partner?" I began to ramble a little, excitement making me stressed.