chapter 12: painful

day 476

          we step through the fence careful not to make noise. we successfully do it and start looking around. the factory looks abandoned because there's plants growing everywhere. there's another set of fences that we must pass through, but this time the hole is smaller. evelyn goes through first and i carefully pass the baby box through the hole and to evelyn. i go through and evelyn moves forward. evelyn sets off a tripwire and a string of beer bottles drop down, making lots of loud noise. it's a trap. "run!" evelyn yelled.

          we start running towards shelter to hide from those creatures. marcus and i are holding one end each of the baby box. marcus being a lot faster than me, starts to pass me. we keep running until marcus drops the box and screams in pain. i look down to see his foot in a bear trap. marcus starts screaming and crying in pain and i kneel down and hold him. "marcus please don't yell, i'm going to pull the trap off of your foot it's going to hurt," i say through the tears. it's heartbreaking to see marcus in so much pain. i pull the bear trap apart, releasing his foot as marcus screams. evelyn grabs the baby box as i help marcus get up onto his feet. he swings his arm around me for support as we keep running towards shelter.

          we finally reach shelter and i set marcus down. i look into his teary eyes and sign, "i know it hurts we have to get you somewhere safer." within a few seconds a mysterious man in a mask and cap swings marcus over his shoulder and tells us to follow him. we all follow the strange man into the factory. he brings us to a pipe and he jumps down with marcus. i follow them down, and the man does into a weird tank with marcus. regan and evelyn follow soon after. i grab marcus from the man and hold his hand. "i'm sorry marcus we'll fix it soon i know it hurts," i whisper. i watch marcus cry in pain and he squeezes my hand.

          a timer goes off and i see the man open the tank and lets us know that we can leave the tank. the man looks down at marcus's foot and hands me a bottle of vodka. marcus looks at me and gulps. the man ushers us into the tank so i can tend to marcus's foot. he shuts the door and i take a deep breath. "i think we can talk in here," i sigh. marcus lays down and says, "get it over with." i pop open the bottle and grab marcus's hand. i look at him and he nods telling me to pour it. i pour the vodka all if we his foot causing him to scream in pain. he squeezes my hand hard and screams and crys. tears start forming in my eyes and roll down my cheek. i sit him up and give him a hug. "thank you," marcus mumbled into my shoulder. i pull away from the hug and take out the bandage. i wrap his foot up in the bandage to make sure it doesn't get infected.

          marcus and i have a minute left in the tank so we use that to our advantage. "i dont know what i would ever do without you y/n," marcus said. i squeeze his hand tightly and kiss him on the forehead. i'm exhausted and i lean on his shoulder. i don't know what marcus and i are anymore. close friends? best friends? partners? i don't know but i'll make sure to clarify later on. this is confusing.

-
a/n
hopefully this chapter was more exciting. guys we actually talked about thoughts this time D:
there will be more relationship content in the upcoming chapters :))