ᴼⁿᵉ | ᵖʳᵒˡᵒᵍᵘᵉ

━━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━━

I don't own the Throne of Glass series but I do own this plot and Adelina, along with my original characters which I insert here.

This is how far my obsession with this series goes, so enjoy!
Do vote and comment y'all!

━━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━━

The girl trembled as the cold wind blew through the ruins of what used to be a fort. She hugged her tattered coat tighter, rubbing her thin legs together to create some friction; desperate for warmth. Her empty stomach grumbled, a sound she could easily make out despite the blizzard outside.

She ran out of food the day before, but she couldn't run down to the nearest town to steal because of the dreadful weather, a curse placed on the Northern Mountains of Terrasen since before Brannon had found Erilea, centuries before she had been born. The girl had water, no shortage of it but it was frozen like the landscape around her.

She had specifically chosen this place for refuge, despite the harsh conditions. No Adarlandian would dare walk on these mountains, they were not accustomed to so much ice and snow.

At times like this she both hated and loved her heritage; it enabled her with sharper senses, like the keen sense of smell, acute hearing and ability to withstand more than a human her age. The downsides being hunted down for these traits, for these delicately pointed ears and beauty unmatched.

It wasn't always like this, she used to have a home. She could barely remember the time before magic disappeared and Adarlan conquered Terrasen but it was nothing like the Terrasen she now knew.

They used to have Fae living freely, she wasn't naive enough to think they lived would the fear of judgement but she knew they were considered as peaceful citizens of the nation, under the rule of King Orlon of the Galathynius bloodline, of Brannon, a Fae king's bloodline.

She had only ever met one demi-fae after the assassination of the royal family. The female who was only two decades older, had taken the girl under her wing.The demi Fae female had made sure she knew her history, in the process of being hunted down, whist running. She had told the girl that her name was Elena, after the first Queen of Adarlan, King Brannon's daughter.

Elena had nick-named the girl 'Deli' a strange abbreviation of her birth name, Adelina upon getting closer to the child she was. At first Deli had been annoyed but later grew fond of the endearment that was only for her. Elena had encouraged her to call her Ellie as well, to which she refused, liking the way how Elena sounded. A strange look of longing and nostalgia had come over her mentor when Deli told her the reason for sticking with Elena, she had replied that her father used to say that as well, a stubborn man who she had adored and was proud of.

But the happy times never lasted, Elena had been caught when she was stealing goods for winter. Adelina hesitated but followed Elena's orders to run and never come back to the same town again, with red puffy eyes and a hollow heart. She told herself it was better to not see her mentor at her execution, to avoid that numbing pain.

She had been running alone ever since.

Black spots marred her vision and she was about to fall into oblivion, a mercy from the gods but then she heard men's voices from the outside, loud and clear.

━━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━━

Aedion grunted as he and his squadron tried to made a way through the blizzard, it had almost ended. The fort they were looking for was barely visible with the heavy snow.

The Bane was back in Rosamel, in the ends of the Oakwald forest leading to the snow capped mountains adjacent to the Staghorns the North of Orynth. He and his soldiers had to meet a few of the wolf tribe to form some alliances for the rebels, he could no longer lead the resistance from the front, his image as a now a General under Adarlan would be crushed. His fellow warriors knew how it was breaking him to pledge to the rotten King who took over his Kingdom.

He had to stand tall however, for the sake of the Bane, and the nobles of Terrasen now leading rebellion's forces. Aedion would gladly put a sword through his heart if it meant Terrasen still had a chance. Ren and his grandfather and Darrow knew that as well, that's why they send him here instead. He knew they were hoping to put him on the throne if Terrasen would be liberated, he had no desire to be King; it was Aelin's Kingdom.

"Push open the back door to the fort!" He yelled to his subordinates, as he pushed the heavy wooden doors with iron linings to repel magic, something that vanished six winters ago.

Putting all his weight into the door, he pushed hard. A mere second later, creaking was heard and Aedion and the warriors slipped through the narrow opening, enough for him and the others to enter with their fur coats and weapons. The supplies were pulled in with ropes later.

The fort had been an old one, one that was barely standing in ruins but it'd have to made do.

"Aaron, check for any weapons, loot and clothes if you find any." He ordered, the white wolf persona coming to light.

He walked up the stairs, which were surprisingly sturdy enough to support his weight. He entered a small room with a small window shut close and a coarse cloth covering the holes, this might have been used to store goods and supplies.

Suddenly, Aedion caught a faint scent. It took him off guard, a female had been dwelling here. He wondered if he was hallucinating, especially knowing that the female's kind had been all killed.

With him as an exception, of course. But he had more human traits than his unknown father's heritage.

"It can't be." He murmured, checking the crumbs of bread and frozen water bottles on the corner of the room.

There was a tiny body, curled into a ball; her knees covered with a thin blanket and a tattered coat over her little shoulders, the girl's skinny bone like hands were shaking as she held a small dagger at the intruder, her weary eyes full of defeat.

He had seen this look on his people, when they had been tortured and robbed of what they had, waiting for Silba, the goddess of gentle deaths to finally claim them.

With a tug in his heart, he spoke softy to the last full blooded Fae girl in Terrasen, "It's okay, I'm here for you now, I won't harm you."

The child looked skeptical of his claims, she looked to be around the same age as the last memory of his cousin.

"I swear to protect you, the last of my people as Aedion Ashryver, the General of the Bane, forever loyal to Terrasen."

The girl teared up, a hopeful look in her beak eyes.

"You're here for me?" She rasped.

The Wolf of the North gave her a toothy grin, with a flash of his canines.

"I'm here for you."

━━━━━•❅•°•❈•°•❅•━━━━━