chapter 26

Illumi's pov
-

I didn't think it possible, should I let her know what just happened? I look over at the pin she previously had inserted in her and I step on it.

Why did that happen? From the amount of times I've stuck someone with a pin I've never experienced that before. These pins have always been used to manipulate people not to extract information from them.

I don't think it's possible. It wasn't my pins that did that. It couldn't have been. It's not like I cared enough for Arisu to accidently look into her past but regardless I got a glimpse of it.

-

Arisus past. 9 years ago,
Age: 13

"Mom! Mom please don't do this to me!!" Younge Arisu had blood running down her face as she gripped onto the metal door. Her mother stood on the other side with a cigarette in her mouth and she blew smoke out to her daughters face.

"What have I said about shouting, kid? It hurts me ears" That's all it took for her to kick the metal bars and Arisu jumped back. Behind Arisu was another person, sitting in the far corner with her hands around her legs. From the outline, I could already tell that that was Arisu too.

I took the liberty to walk close to Arisus mother and I took a closer look at her face. Once I gathered her features I walked up to the door and took in the features of young arisu. She had much less freckles back then than she does now, her hair was long and slightly wavy resting a few centimeters below her knees.

I've never seen a child with such long hair and I will admit, it was quite beautiful. I see the shadow moving behind arisu making me feel nauseous and I slightly cringe at the discomfort.

Without realizing it i began following Arisu past another memory. This time I was looking down at the corpse of who I assume to be her dead father. Then there they were. Shouts filled with so much pain and rage you'd think... well I suppose she had a valid reaction. So, I sat besides Arisu while she cried. All I could do was watch as this child pleaded for her father to come back to her. And again, the outline of the other person was against a corner, watching all of this unfold along with me.

"I can't do this alone pa, please don't leave me. You still need to teach me how to-" She was pounding against his chest before she was dragged away by her mother. "No! Nooooo! Dad please don't leave!!! Dad." Arisu then pushed her mothers hands away from her and the lady began screaming in agony as she lowered to ground level. I walk up to her dad and kneel to see his features, for my own curiosity.

"It's you." He then whispered. Wait a minute, Isn't he supposed to be dead? "Please, make her remember.... its not safe... that thing. Born with it." He continues as his eyes drag up to something behind him and I notice dark hands holding his head gently. I follow the hand up to see the shadow figure that was with Arisu earlier and before I knew it. It was gone.

What was that about?

____

Regardless of the new information I received and quite possibly lived through, I don't see how any of it was or might be useful to me.

I look over at Arisu and notice her pupils dilating ever so slightly for a split second. She's so, very, odd.

_____

3rd pov

Once Arisu finished formally meeting the assassins she continued chatting with them for a few more hours. In arisus naive eyes, she was getting along with them. And while it was the case that Kikyo and Silva approved greatly of the younge lady they still felt a slight ting of disapproval of her. In silvas eyes, she would be a great help to the buisness but he also could not fathom why his son decided to go against the rules and 'recruit' someone who was, in smaller terms, no one to them. The only way to work around that was probably to Marry her into the family, he noticed how Illumi seemed to like her. It was unusual for that to happen but regardless Silva felt it was now his responsibility to allow his son this one and only gift, the only issue there was kikyo.

Kikyo on the other hand liked Arisu and approved of her. But she would strongly oppose to let her into the family when her eldest son could have someone else. Someone better, someone who didn't have the burden of having premature children. Especially not some that aren't Illumis.

And something they three noticed, including Zeno who was watching from a distance, was how there was a piece missing in this girl, she was quick, skilled, and alive. She was physically there, she didn't seem to have any ill intent, nor did she seem to bring chaos but there was a presence lurking around her that none of the three skilled adults could seem to pin-point.

Would it be safe to keep her around their family? Or would it be foolish of them to keep her around so they could figure it out. Zeno scoffed and jumped down from wherever he was. He shook his head as he went to go get himself a snack.

"Well it was a pleasure meeting you Arisu." Silva shook her hand one last time and Arisu smiled up at him as she returned the gesture.

"The pleasure was all mine," she sincerely said. Arisu followed Illumi out and they said their goodbyes but before Arisu could begin walking away Illumi grabbed her hand and turned her around.

"How dull are you to think that you can just walk out from the front door?" Illumi harshly said, despite his tone he couldn't help but fight back the urge to smile at her stupidity. It was almost comedy to him.

Arisu only stared at him before realizing where she went wrong. She felt her smile drop and was now filled with immense embarrassment.

"Right," she began playing with her fingers and Illumi watched her closely. He wondered if it was okay to ask about her past. He knew nothing of her yet and his curiosity just grew stronger.

"I'll take you home." He turned around and told her to hold onto him. Arisu did as told and hesitantly reached towards his hair.

"Is it okay if I move your hair first?" Arisu asked Illumi. The assassin didn't respond and took it upon himself to put his hair up and then arisu held tightly onto her master.

The sun was a few hours away from setting and when she got home the kids ran up to her. The first thing they both noticed were the new bandages she now has. Kichi and chiyo would be lying if they said they weren't worried for their sisters well being but they have learned to keep their worries to themselves.

"You guys hungry?" Arisu asks the kids as she begins making her way towards the kitchen. She didn't hear the kids reply and just assumed they were angry with her for being gone for so long. She really wouldn't blame them if they were, I mean she was gone for almost a day and didn't even make them food.

Arisu looked around and remembered the kids favorite meals so she went into the fridge and pulled out the ingredients. When she turned around the kids were both standing with scary looking masks and they lunged towards her. Arisu screamed and fell back with the food in her hands.

"That wasn't very nice." She rubbed her head to relieve the pain and the kids began running around while laughing. Arisu sighed and she grabbed a tomato to throw at them.

__________

A/n: I just watched assassination classroom and whew 😁🤏😭