0.3

Melody's POV

I woke up at the crack of dawn. I wanted to get ready as quickly as possible, and take a walk before my father wakes up. He tends to check on me every morning and I like my private time alone. I put on my robe that my maid left me at the edge of my bed. She knows that I like to wake up early. I open the door and quickly walk down the stairs trying not to make a noise. When I make it down I open the door for the backyard, which is basically a garden and the courtyard, and make my way towards the entrance of the garden.

I stroll down looking at the roses that were starting to bloom, since spring had just started, it looked amazing. I then walk deeper into the garden and find my very favorite and special flowers, tulips. This used to be my mum's garden before she got really sick, I used to help her tend it. I sigh as memories replayed in my head, I wanted to cry. I then take a seat on the bench that was next to me. I started thinking, will I ever find that special someone who will want to be with me? My mum would always talk about how she met my father, she had this special glow in her eyes whenever she would mention him. I wanted that, someone that would make me feel like I was on top of the world! Sadly I can't, because I have a boyfriend. It's not that I don't like him he's nice and everything but he's just not my type, but he's the only guy I know and my dad thinks it's the right thing to do. So basically I have to date him against my will.

My dad never let's me go anywhere. I'm home schooled therefore I don't know anybody and my only friend is my neighbor who's my best friend. It's a sad life I have, but I hope I get to meet someone tonight. Cause tonight we're having a party celebrating the success of my dad's business. The whole neighborhood is going to be here! I just can't wait!

Just as I was standing up I hear rustling near a bush. "Who's there?" I ask, usually its a squirrel, but surprisingly it's not.
"Hello?" I say as I walk closer to the bush, "You can come out, I won't hurt you" I say as the rustling continues and then it stops. A pair of pearcing green orbs stare at me. Whoever it was, they were stubborn enough not to come out, and I was getting nervous by the second.

"Melody! There you are dear, I've been looking for you for a while now. I should've known you were here" I turn around to see my maid, Glenda's worried face. "Your father is up already and is expecting you for breakfast." Glenda says as she interrupts me from continuing my investigation. Those green eyes were still staring at me, following my every movement I could feel it.

"Thank you Glenda, please tell my father that I'll be there in a few minutes" I tell her as i turn around to look at the bush one more time before I head inside.

"Yes mam" she nods "Don't forget to pick a dress for tonight Miss, it's going to be a spectacular party!" She tells me before I leave the garden.

After I'm done changing I head downstairs. Father was still waiting patiently for me at the table.

"Good morning father" I say taking a seat across from him.

"Good morning pumpkin" He looks up at me with a smile, as he holds the newspaper in his hand.

Pumpkin, that was what my mum used to call me...

"How did you sleep?" He asks me while setting down the paper on the long Mahogany table.

"Good father, how about you?" I say as I pick up my fork and start grabbing my waffles. YUM! It looked so delicious, I was starving already.

"Very good, are you ready for tonight pumpkin? I want you to get along with everyone tonight especially Ms.Hathaway!" He tells me with a stern face.

Oh God, not MS.HATHAWAY!!!! I hate her... She's a snobby woman who has been talking with my father a lot lately and I'm afraid she's been flirting with him which is so gross! I hate her so much and I know for a fact she doesn't like me either, it's really funny how we both fight for the attention of my father. Just thinking of her with my father and taking my mum's place made me sick. I was holding my knife so hard now and stabbing my poor waffle that my hand was turning white from all the force. Ok Melody chill, you got this girl!