3. Before the dark night traps me in

Chapter 3- Before the dark night traps me in- Blackpink

I'd had many ideas, some good, some bad and some downright idiotic. But this one, made its own category.

I was, essentially, drunk on coffee, sharing prank ideas from my phone with Fred and George Weasley and Remus Lupin as if I didn't feel at all stung by the way my own favourite characters, now people, glared holes in my head every minute or so before retiring to bed while the said boys and man howled with laughter.

Hiding feelings and simultaneously laughing, what a tiring task.

It was around one in the night where Molly Weasley forcefully dragged away her children and also tried to drag Remus away but he didn't budge. Being an independent and capable adult had its perks.

"You know," I said, looking away from his amber-gold eyes intently,"I'd never have thought anyone would trust me so quickly, let alone you."

He huffed out a weary laugh and put his hand on my shoulder,"I suppose you already know about my condition?" At my nod, he continued again,"It gave me some extra abilities, too. Like, heightened senses."

"Oh." I whispered and shook my head, of course, him hearing my heart beats wasn't creepy at all. Not at all.

Remus's eyes softened,"Sirius has these abilities, too. He...just doesn't trust them anymore." I nodded and gave him a weak smile,"Of course. With everything that has happened to you and him, I'm surprised Lord Black didn't throw me out. He really should have. It's his house, he doesn't have to house me."

Remus took my empty coffee mug and stood up, me following his lead as he went into the kitchen. "For your information, Sirius probably just today realised that he's Lord Black, and that too, just because you called him that."

I nodded, the books hadn't mentioned anything like that, too. And from what I'd read, when I wasn't reeling with the fact that I was suddenly in a universe that was supposed to fictional, this house had a hell lot of bad memories for Sirius. It'd make sense he'd tried to block any familiar things, lest he remember what he hated.

Remus asked over his shoulder,"What would you like to drink, Miss Wordsmith?"

As a default response and preparation for the coming reading, I asked for a coffee. Remus raised his eyebrows as he made some wand movements and the coffee started brewing. "You should know, this much coffee, especially at night, isn't healthy." I shrugged and he shook his head with a smile.

"I think Sirius allowed you to stay is possibly only because you showed you trusted Harry, trusted him and didn't treat me like a monster. Threatening Severus was probably just added bonus."

I shrugged again,"Attacking a wandless opponent isn't very honorable but I guess Snape learnt a lot from his time as a sycophant of the murder maniac."

Remus snorted and handed me the mug, muttering,"And people say I am snarky." I stuck my tongue out at him before taking a sip and sighing,"Perfect. You're a godsend, Rem, a godsend."

He bowed mockingly,"Thank you, my good lady. You're an angel; those pranks just saved my whole life, probably."

I nodded with a smile,"And Angel thinks you should go to sleep. It's already very late, Rem. You'd look way better without any dark circles."

He nodded and left after bidding me good night. I settled on the worn couch with a grimace, of course, I didn't get a room in the precious house of the Blacks.

The couch wasn't all that comfortable for its plush looks. It looked a little too worn and the armrest, which I was using as my pillow, was harder than a damned brick. Yippity  yappity yay.

I took any comfort possible from the blanket I had and tried to look for any online version of Harry Potter and The Order Of The Pheonix but couldn't find any, just my cursed luck.

With a hot cup of amazing coffee and so many thoughts in my brain, it would be impossible to sleep. Why did I get that idea? Oh wait, yeah, coffee makes everything better.

I put on the Wings album of BTS on loop and decided to write notes about what information I'd share and what I'd keep a secret.

It took me a while to plan out the next steps and what I should share. Sharing that most of the people in that house were going to die wasn't tactical at all.

My mug of coffee was luke warm at best now and just as the song Mama ended, I heard footsteps. I paused the album and waited as the footsteps grew louder and closer.

A minute later, someone stumbled into the living area, clutching their head. I sat up slowly, trying not to make any noise. And no, I wasn't being creepy, if the said person had a headache, noise was the last thing they needed.

It was Sirius. He was carding his fingers through his jumbled hair and sighing. I saw him walk shakily in the kitchen as I contemplated whether to follow him or not.

Deciding that I'd help rather than sit on an uncomfortable couch and look pretty. I made sure to make light noise with my footsteps as to not startle Sirius as I entered the kitchen.

It was a sight to behold. There was a steaming cup of tea in front of Sirius as he stared at the shelf that had all the crockery from his position on the head of the table. Presumably, wanting to break it.

I cleared my throat and sat down on his left, one seat still empty between us and my relatively cold coffee in my hands. I sat there and observed him as he continued to be lost in his own mind and his tea became less and less hot as the time passed.

"Lo-" I decided it wouldn't really be helpful if I called Sirius by the name his own hateful father was called. "Padfoot?" There was slight twitch in his ear and arms before he completely registered the name and turned towards me.

I pointedly looked at the cup of tea,"Your tea, darling. It's getting cold." He nodded but made no moves to drink the said tea. I contemplated my next step as he stared at the tea, now.

The silence felt stifling and suffocating and that was probably the reason my brain short circuited and I changed seats, in favour to sit next to him. "What's your favourite colour, Padfoot?" I remembered meaningless babble calmed me down when I spiralled and hence tried to distract him.

I was losing hope of ever getting an answer from Sirius when he muttered,"Ironically enough, black."

I hummed,"It's elegant, I guess. I like it, too. You know, there are people who say that black is inauspicious?"

"Or else why would one wear it to a funeral, lady?" Ah, well, at least the snark was back.

I rolled my eyes,"Because, my Lord, some people consider white as a sign of death, too and yet we see many brides wearing that."

The shock on his face was hilarious. "What? I thought it symbolised purity and virginity and innocence, hence why brides wear those."

I snorted,"It also represents peace and knowledge and hence people wear it on funerals, to signify that they acknowledge their loved one died and moved on to a better life or even eternal peace."

Within the next half hour, I'd manage to distract him. We talked of colours and their significance. His face when I told him that I didn't like red was particularly one of funniest things I'd seen.

"Green represents envy!" Sirius, ever the Griffindor said. I rolled my eyes,"Nature and serenity. Thats it. Thats my argument."

"Poison, acid."

"Harry's eyes."

"Unfair."

"I never said I played fair, darling. Come on." Our conversation stopped at the door of his room. I gave him a small smile,"Good night, Snuffles. I hope you have beautiful dreams."

He didn't say a word until I was out of his sight but I thought I caught a,"Same to you."

I considered it a victory.