5

📍Millie/Mia new apartment

Malika Adiah Carter

"Seriously, thank you guys so much for helping us with this" I thanked them.

"ain't shit" Kai said shrugging and the boys agreed.

"They was gon help either way" Mia said plopping down on the couch, next to Kai.

"we ain't have to do shit" kori said, throwing an ice cube at her making everybody laugh.

"Kori .. stop playing wimmie" she said wiping the water off of her face.

"where is Yanna ?" I asked.

"She probably in one of our beds, she said it was comfortable" Mia said.

I removed myself from the conversation they were having and went to go find Yanna.

I went to my room and didn't see her there. I went to Mia's room and saw her laid out of the bed looking at the ceiling deep in thought.

I went and sat on the bed, causing her to jump.

"girl don't be doing that , we black the fuck" she said making us laugh.

"Yanna, are you okay"

"yea i'm straight" she said.

"seriously cause you looked kind of out of it just now" I told her.

"it's nun serious it's just" she paused.

"I'm real happy for you and mia but it just had me thinking about myself. Like my brothers won't let me live my life, they're so overprotective of me. The only reason they let what me and Black have going on slide is because they know him. Don't get me wrong, I love that my brothers care for me like they do, they basically raised me but they need to understand that they can't shelter me my whole life." she ranted.

"I understand you, I can't relate because I never had a brother to treat me like that but if you really want change you have to talk to them, seriously. Get them to understand your point of view and hopefully they'll come around" I told her.

She nodded understanding and we both got up and went to the living room where everybody was.

Yanna sat down next to Black but I stayed standing because I was going in the kitchen to cook us some food.

"Millie bae" Mia said with a pout on her face.

"yes mia" I answered knowingly. She wants me to do something for her, I just know it.

"can you make some food please ?" she asked.

"I was going to anyways"

"you can cook ?" Kairo asked.

"Yes"

"What do you guys wanna eat ?" I asked.

Everybody started naming things left and right so I decided I was choosing.

"You know what, never mind, you guys are going to eat what I make" I said and turned around and went to the kitchen.

I took out the frozen salmon and put the bag in a bowl of hot water to unthaw it, then took out my shrimp and penne pasta.

I took out all the spices I would need and got started with the pasta first to let the salmon unthaw some more.

20 Minutes into cooking

I had already prepared the salmon. Now it's just cooking. I let the water for the pasta boil while I leaned on the island facing the stove.

I felt a presence from behind me so I slowly turned around and was faced with sy sitting in one of the bar stools on the other side of the island.