blemishes - bruise

blemish (n.)

    plural noun: blemishes

           1. a small mark or flaw which spoils the appearance of something

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹▫◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ

[lowercase intended]

that day began just as normal, except for the discovery of a huge bruise on jays head. no one was really surprised since everyone knew how clumsy the master of lightning could be at times, but a few minutes later all eyes were on cole who had the same bruise as jay on his head, just mirrored.

"what happened, cole? had a bad encounter with that hell of a chicken?" kai asked, visibly confused by the similarity in shape and size of both blemishes.

"uh... actually-" cole wanted to respond, but jay quickly interrupted him: "fridge! it was the fridge!!" and laughed nervously.

"what?" the earth elemental began, earning a jab to the ribs from jay: "ouch-! ah, yeah, you're right. it was the fridge" he continues, holding his ribs and glancing to the other ninjas.

"I mean, it's probably not like the fridge attacked you two?" nya asked making kai scoff: "well, I never knew you would be just as clumsy as jay, cole. can't believe you fell for that trick..."

"hey! that hurt" jay pouted: "I'd consider this as straight-up bullying..." but before he could finish his sentence cole stopped him again: "wait a second, what trick?" kai winced a bit, a tense smile on his face:

"well, I might or might not have moved the fridge a few inches to the left. definitely not just so you guys would bump into it, no no, of course not...!"

"hey!! I stubbed my pinky on that damn fridge because of you! that's not funny" lloyd said, as he came into the room, holding a tray with breakfast and tea.

as the others started to argue, jay and cole silently looked at each other surprised:

"he really moved the fridge?" cole whispered, a concerned look on his face which slowly faded when jay whispered back: "well, better for us, I guess! now we have a perfect and rational explanation for those stupid bruises!"

when everything quietened down and they finished breakfast, it was time to train. everyone assembled in the open space of the monastery where the ninjas would usually train their fighting and elemental skills. just as they were about to begin, an alarm started blaring. everybody hurried to the secret high-tech base under the building. p.i.x.a.l. quickly briefed them on the mission and master wu decided it would be best if cole, kai and zane went to battle the mechanic and his henchmen which were currently invading multiple cinemas all over ninjago.

on their way to the first location, kai started to speak over the intercom:

"so, cole. what really happened that resulted in that bruise of yours?"

"what do you mean?" the other responded, baffled by the sudden question: "I told you, it was because of the fridge!" he continued, hoping that his answer was believable enough.

"I want to know the truth, cole" kai demanded, an impatient undertone in his voice.

"I told you it was just the-" but the fire elemental cut him right off: "I know it was definitely not because of the goddamn fridge, stop lying"

"well, how would you know, anyway? it's not like you were there when it happened" cole scoffs, slightly irritated at kais behaviour.

"I sense that you're heart rate is accelerating, cole" zane chimed in: "you're increased sweating and the galvanic skin response also indicate that you are, in fact, lying" he continued.