01.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘

HE WASN'T REINCARNATED, he simply time traveled back 24 hours prior

HE WASN'T REINCARNATED, he simply time traveled back 24 hours prior. A time wherein he's still breathing, the black haired male heaved out a long sigh as he lied on his bed, “I simply wanted to know my purpose, but seems like in exchange of that wish--- I had lost the ability to die.”

Haneul murmured to himself as he eyed the ceiling of his room with blank orbs, heaving out a deep sigh before closing his eyes, “I can't believe this. . . Do I even deserve for such thing to happen to me? I'm not even a hunter.” He complained to himself.

“Whatever. . . That isn't the problem right now. I need to find a way to not die again in the hands of what killed me, or else everything will repeat by itself.” He murmured to himself as he eyed the wall clock that is currently ticking like a ticking time bomb, “What or who exactly killed me though.”

Upon realizing that he wasn't able to see what exactly killed him at that exact moment, the twenty-four year old man slowly held his neck, his head was easily sliced out. Like a chunk of fresh meat.

Slowly tightening his hold on his neck, “A skill that requires me to die. . . Will it really work?” The man mumbled to himself as he then brought up his other hand to strangle himself to death. ‘There's only one way to figure out, it's to die again.’ He thought.

And with that, Lee Haneul killed himself.

[ YOU DIED. RETURNING BACK
24 HOURS PRIOR]

Amber colored orbs stared at the words in front of them with emptiness. It's true, he's back in time--- 24 hours ago. His eyes widened, “Dr. Lee! You're needed in the emergency room, please come with me!” Ah yes, the hospital.

The stench of blood, he's all too familiar with is something he had grown used to over the years of being a general surgeon, and there's one thing he had learned throughout the years of being a surgeon. Is the fact that you always need to be ready.

As he fast walked through the hospital corridor, being dragged by one of his colleagues--- Haneul immediately remembered the incident that happened the day before he died. This patient is a hunter, a C-rank, who got into a car accident.

To think that hunters who are considered to be gifted people(monsters) were to experience such an accident. “We've arrived. What's the condition of the patient?” Haneul questioned to his colleagues who're currently buying him some time.

“Doctor, his condition is fatal, he had already lost huge amount of blood. If this continues he'll end up--”

“Alright, let's get this man back into shape.”

“Yes!”

Lee Haneul is an average man. He wakes up in the morning, do his morning routine--- go to work, at night he goes home and finally rests. This twenty-four year old man had already grown accustomed to everything in his life.

To the point that saving lives had also became normal, “Tie.” Haneul uttered to his co-doctors and with that, they started to tie the tissues to prevent any type of bleeding, “The procedure is done, good job everyone.” He stated before removing his mask and surgery clothes.

And with that, the amber eyed male immediately left, walking down the hallway of the hospital--- going straight to the staff's comfort room. Stepping inside the said room before closing the door, the twenty-four year old heaved out a sigh. 

“Being in this hospital really is tiring.” He murmured to himself as he washed his face with cold water-- before eyeing the mirror, his hair color now kinda looks greenish, “Is this also part of the skill?” Haneul questioned to no one particular before messing with his hair.

His eyes continued to stare at his hair for a few minutes before finally looking away from it, “Now what should i do to see my killer?” Haneul asked to himself as he eyed the mirror in front of him with blank eyes, “I've already tested the skill, and it does works.”

He mumbled to himself, “I should prolly stay vigilant for now.” Haneul uttered to himself as he closed the faucet before leaving the comfort room. He knew that he'll be dying again, but at least--- the man knew he'll be back again breathing after a couple of minutes.

This skill isn't given as a blessing, but a curse. This is the price of wishing something taboo to the gods, but nevertheless, he's not really in the position to complain is he?

Walking by the corridors of the hospital the said surgeon continued to think about a bunch of simulations inside his head, he eventually bumped into someone--- Amber orbs widened by themselves at the sudden impact.

‘Oh shit, I'm going to fall.’  Haneul thought to himself, automatically closing his eyes to brace himself for the impact that is suppose to come. But it never came, slowly opening his eyes, he his eyes clashing with tantalizing teal ones that looks rather bright.

“L-lee Haneul? Is that really you?”

Came the voice of the person in front of him, Haneul eyed the man that is currently holding his wrist to prevent himself from falling, the dark green haired male eyed the frail male in front of him in confusion, before it finally morphed into a look of realization, “Jin-woo? What are you here in a hospital?”

He questioned, only for the other male to chuckle, “I got hospitalized the other day. I almost died.” Jin-woo murmured to himself, looking away for a moment before smiling brightly at Haneul, “It's been a while isn't it? How's work?”

Jin-woo curiously asked, “Same as always I guess, how about you?” The hunter bit his lower lip at the question, slightly not wanting to answer--- Seeing the expression that Jin-woo is giving him, Haneul gave the man a smile before retracting his hand that is currently being held tightly by the other.

“You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, I heard that you became a hunter, it must've been tough huh?” Haneul stated before patting the shoulder of his acquaintance, “Take care of yourself out there okay? I need to get going.”

And with that the amber eyed male left.

Leaving the black haired male there standing and eyeing his walking figure in the distance, Jin-woo had always known he will never have the chance to be able to walk beside Haneul, and yet--- Glancing at the blue screen in front of him, before looking back at Haneul once more.

(Perhaps is this the chance he's been given?)

---

lmao if yall got confused bcs of this chap, pls tell me ;---; cause i myself is confused by the way i wrote it. hxkshzkshzjs oh ye, the medical shit i wrote here is something i havent done before so pls, correct me-- although its subtlebxjshKhaaj TT bye. im dying inside.