chapter 6 - date

The Darkling, General Kirigian, Aleksander Morovoza himself was going to ask Aruna on a date

It was final.

He had been cornered by Feydor, Aruna's best friend and told to 'man up and stop obsessing over her and ask her out instead of acting like a lovesick fool'.

It turns out he wasn't very discreet about his affections as he hoped. It was also the first time someone other than a Royal or General, or his mother had yelled at him without being tortured and killed.

Quite the event, but he doubts that Aruna would appreciate him killing her best friend. Or Ivan killing his boyfriend, or the Second Army for killing a soldier.

He really needed to stop thinking about murder has his only option for when people annoyed him, unless it was Aruna.

She was sometimes the only one who gave him an honest answer, but she would always say it so nicely and politically correct that he was never offended, it definitely had nothing to do with the girl herself.

That being said another event was taking place in the Darklings life, asking a girl out on a date. Centuries ago courting was a lot easier, you just went up and asked for the fathers hand in marriage.

But that was centuries ago, and very sexist. But the problem with dating in this century was that it had to be romantic.

The Darkling was not known for being romantic. Sure he could stare at his little moon's face alday and create sonnets of her beauty and kindness. But that didn't mean he could tell her to her face.

When he started to crush on her he tried stubble flirting, when she didn't seem to notice he tried being bolder. One left his little moon with a confused face and him blushing mad and stumbling over his words, not the way he wanted that to go.

But being around her made her happiness and kindness contagious, she was like a drug, influences him. But instead of mistakes he usually did good. If she was in the room he suddenly felt the need to help the other grisha, or pull out a chair for his mother, the woman would hit him with his cane. But when it was just her and his mother and him in that boiling cave, he didn't feel the bruise forming.

How could you, you were in the room with saint's gift.

Planning a date was different, how did he ask her. He knew she loved the ocean and water but he couldn't exactly ask the King for some time off to travel to the beach with the moon summoner in hopes she recipreacted his love, that was at least a ten date plan, not a first date.

If she even said yes.

That thought was terrifying, he wasn't sure he could go on if she rejected him. Before he was simpleng existing, now he was living. But as long as she was happy, he would be.

So here he was, standing outside her door. She might have the best room in the Little Palace, but she didn't need to know that, it would only make her feel guilty.

After he knocked he felt his heart rate skyrocket, he was glad that Ivan was nowhere near or he would tease the man.

When she opened the door he could barely hide his reaction, she was truly beautiful, a small grisha child was hiding behind her legs. "It's fine Miki, you run along now and I'll see you tomorrow"

She was so kind, helping the younger grisha, and with her messed up kefta, loose hair he had never seen anything so beautiful.

The Darkling then realized that he had gotten lost in her beauty and she was now blushing and looking at the ground, he made her blush.

"Hi Aruna, I was wondering if you wanted to accompany me on a date?"

He did that without stuttering, what an accomplishment.

She seemed very taken back by his offering, like she wasn't expecting it. It's not like he had flirted and been in love with her for three years.

She just looked up at him, eyes wide, cheeks coated in blush, "Oh yes"