Chapter Four - "Lyrical Lily"

Ren's POV, Yuka's Gym

Lyrical Lily, huh?
They seem pretty cute to me. But them? I was thinking of a cut-throat, serious band.

"Lyrical Lily is in town, coincidentally," Shinobu said. "I think they're doing a meet-and-greet near Tokyo Tower."

"I volunteer to go with Ren!" Yuka-chan immediately spoke out.

"Why me?" I asked.

"You're the one in debt," Kyoko-san told me. "You two can handle it. We'll be in contact."

I won't complain, but how will we approach them? Plus, my whole body is sore. I feel like a zombie. I'll scare them away by accident!

"Don't look so puzzled, and go!" Esora exclaimed, pushing me forward as Yuka-chan followed behind.

Here goes our quest, without a plan, to get Lyrical Lily on our side...

Later, near Tokyo Tower…

"Yuka-chan!" I called out, panting. "Did we really have to jog all the way here?"

She nodded. "Weather's too nice to not jog. Look, there's the stands where they're at."

Yuka-chan pointed to an area where a small crowd had gathered.
A banner above a tent read 'Meet Lyrical Lily'.

"You go," I told Yuka-chan.

"You go," Yuka-chan responded. "I'm not really wearing the appropriate clothing for a meet-and-greet."

"No, no, you go," I replied. "You're cute, and if anything goes bad, show them your abs."

"I can't just do that, this is a public area!"
Yuka-chan was adamant about not going, and we went back and forth trying to get each other to go.

I looked over to my side and saw a white-haired girl speaking on the phone.
"Yes, yes. The dinner last night cost about 50,000 yen. Hmm? Then why did I pay 100,000 yen? Oh, because I gave them a small tip!"

Yuka-chan scoffed. "That girl cannot actually be for real. A 50,000 yen tip? Wow."

That girl must be rich. Let me see if I hear anything else.

"Do you wanna eat dinner again, Rei-san?" the girl continued to speak. "I know of a great burger shop around here. Bring your cheery friend, your bunny-eared friend, and the DJ girl, too!"

Those crude descriptions. Does she know Happy Around?
I can't ask Maho-chan, since I haven't spoken to her in a while. It'd be awkward.

Yuka-chan held out her phone to me suddenly.
"It's Maho-chan. I said you're here with me."

Y-Yuka-chan, noooo! Speak of the Devil…

"Th-thank you, Yuka-chan…" I said, taking her phone. "Moshi-moshi-- I mean, hello?"

"Ren!" Maho-chan shouted. "Where have you been? I've been worried ever since those people came into our classroom…"

 "Sorry…" I apologized. "A lot has come up. We'll talk in-person sometime soon. Right now, I-- ahh!"

I was startled by the same white-haired girl who had patted my shoulder.
"Sir, do you know where my friend Haruna is? This is supposed to be our meet-and-greet, but she's a no-show."

"She mentioned burgers," Yuka-chan said. I realized she had taken back her phone and was talking to Maho-chan again. "I'm still tired of American food. Maybe Ren-chan will like it. He's like a cute, cuddly bear."

Ren-chan? And why is she using that nickname to Maho-chan?!

I turned back to the white-haired girl. "I don't know of any Haru--"