Author's Note

Please read this note before continuing with the story, as it contains a general summary, including warnings for potentially triggering content. Thank you!

This story is part of a series of written headcanons, starting with "OMORI AFTERSTORY". It is therefore recommended, but not necessary, to read that first.

All events, storylines and arcs are fictional, and the characters depicted in this story are owned by OMOCAT, as well as the rest of the OMORI development team. I recommend that you play OMORI as a result, as this story will be making references to important story beats, and will be a big spoiler for anyone who is unfamiliar to the game.

This is a Sunburn story, meaning that it contains romance between Aubrey and Sunny. This story also contains potentially triggering content, such as mentions of death, bullying, general angst, and parental neglect. As such, viewer discretion is advised.

The Sunburn art depicted in this cover is drawn by AkikoAr, and I do not claim ownership to it. If I am requested to take the cover down by the artist themselves, I will do so if needed, in which case the cover will be replaced by a stock image.

With that said, I hope you enjoy the story! I am open for feedback - I haven't written anything in a long time, so I do apologise for any errors I may make. Thank you very much for choosing to read Late Last Summer!

P.S: You can also read this story on AO3 - https://archiveofourown.org/works/32660560/chapters/81019246