02. gyepi cha ~ just chill

0 2.    g y e p i     c h a 

________________________________

^ Naomi

<<LOVE is of all passions the STRONGEST, for it attacks SIMULTANEOUSLY the head, the heart and the SENSES.>>

JUST CHILL - SMOOTH (2017)

"DID YOU SEE how sweaty Jenny was?!" My close friend, Mary, narrated to my other close friend, Yasmine.

"I so wish I were there to see it in action!" Yasmine replied, thought wasn't concentrating too much as she was texting someone incredibly fast.

"Who are you texting, Yas?" Mary voiced my question, as usual. 

She only grunted in response, picking her phone up as it buzzed aggressively with notifications. I wouldn't have to go through that, thankfully, I thought bitterly to myself as I sipped on my coffee.

I was almost 100% sure it was a boy. That was just her nature. 

Yasmine, unlike me, was definitely the type a boy would chase. She was about 5'11, with long, slender limbs. She was also blessed with golden skin, due to her South Asian linage, and thick, dark hair. The thing I personally believed made her beautiful, was her heterochromia. Instead of brown and blue, she had green and brown instead.  She constantly wore sunglasses or grey contacts to cover them up, refusing to heed to my opinion.

Another way I guessed it was a boy, was her habit of thieving. Back when I wasn't a plain-Jane- and when my mum was still alive- I made an effort to go for parties and get togethers. At least, to find a partner or soulmate of some kind.

At her cousin's party, I decided to dress up as best as I could. However, she- as always- dressed way better. She tried to convince me to speak to as many people as I could. Back then, I had a fiery form of confidence. Now, I'm just her shadow. A push over.

I remember meeting with a particular guy; Bennett. He was your usual brunette, with the rare case of hazel eyes and high cheekbones. I realized how much we had in common, only for Yasmine to sweep him off his feet. They'd been hooking up ever since then. 

"Could that be...Bennett?" I asked in a silly way, attempting to make her laugh. It was a success, as a small giggle escaped her perfect lips. She didn't know how much it hurt when she unknowingly stole boys from me in the past. I gave up on love when my Mum died, but I always hoped she did it unknowingly.

"You make me laugh sometimes, you know? But you should look after yourself more." She turned to Mary for reassurance, but Mary gave me a side look instead.

We'd both noticed the changes in her.

"Well, thanks for the advice, Yas. But, I have a class to go to." I stood up, packing my things faster than I had ever done.

Of course I was lying- my class wasn't due to start until at least another thirty minutes. But I'd rather be anywhere but where I was right now.

"Um...I think I'd better follow you too," Mary nervously laughed, trying to save me from embarrassment.

Yasmine was barely paying attention, only staring at her phone while mumbling a small 'go have fun' while Mary and I took off.

"Don't tell me you aren't seeing what I'm seeing, Emi," Mary suddenly blurted out once we were farther than earshot away from Yasmine.

"Of course I'm seeing what you are seeing. She's changed. A lot."

"Obviously." She continued to go on about Yasmine some more, but I lost her a long time ago-I noticed a physical fight from the distance we were at.

Despite the humongous crowd that surrounded it, I managed to convince Mary to follow me there, as my curiosity was at its peak.

Unfortunately, I immediately regretted my decision once I acknowledge who was fighting who, exactly. My heart dropped as I saw Bennet, for some funny reason, and my ex-boyfriend Judd. I promised myself I'd never want to see his face again, but sorrowful feelings came flooding back.

He never hurt me. I hurt him. He was one of the only people who comforted me after what happened to my mum. But, once I started my plain-Jane lifestyle, I was forced to cut all ties with relationships such as ours. Without warning, I called him on the phone and told him I just didn't feel the spark anymore, in the most monotone voice. Almost like I didn't care.

Even though I did.

I was pulled out of my deep thinking when I saw the boy from the coffee joint appear and disappear ever so quickly, with his bag. School was only 30 minutes away from ending, so why was he being so haste?

I decided to follow him. It could be the last chance I had to see him and what the hell he's always sketching. He didn't seem to be running from anyone, just a very fast person.

I unlinked my arm with Mary and let her know I was leaving early. 

I started to walk after him, but stopped once I saw him turn into an alley way. An alley way with a dead end.

I needed to get home. I was already too far from school to go back. As I turned to leave, I saw the crowd approaching, and before I could run, I was knocked down.